Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went from Hood credit to Good Credit!

tag
DUCTAPER77
Valued Member

Went from Hood credit to Good Credit!

I grew up in the ghetto and  what's crazy is 99% of the people I know don't care about credit it's the farthest thing away from their mind but me I've always wanted good credit but thought it was impossible for a person like me to achieve that goal. Every since I came across this forum I just been reading and reading and soaking this information in my brain and now I feel like I know  a lot about credit so today I checked my fico experian score and it went from 620 to 691 from a dispute so I got up the courage to apply for an Amex bce knowing I was out my league it felt like the police was looking for me waiting on the decision and BOOM instantly approved for $3000 I'm too happy right now because this is only the beginning I always said if I ever get approved for a good card I was gonna post a thank you so I'm saying THANK YOU TO ALL.

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went from Hood credit to Good Credit!

Haha.

Credit isn't necssarily a sexy facet of life, but it sure is an important one. Congratulations! 

Message 2 of 75
OffToBetterStart
Valued Member

Congrats Wtg !!

NFCU Cash Rewards $10,000 -Cap 1 Venture $10,750 - Care Credit $7,000 - Cap 1 Quicksilver $5,000 - Cap 1 Venture 1 $5,000 - Barclays Arrival $6,150 - Barclay Rewards $3,190 -Cap 1 Quicksilver $6,000 - Walmart $700
BK7 Discharge 1/04/2013
Current Scores EX (657) EQ (671) TU (644)
Message 3 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DUCTAPER77 wrote:

I grew up in the ghetto and  what's crazy is 99% of the people I know don't care about credit it's the farthest thing away from their mind but me I've always wanted good credit but thought it was impossible for a person like me to achieve that goal. Every since I came across this forum I just been reading and reading and soaking this information in my brain and now I feel like I know  a lot about credit so today I checked my fico experian score and it went from 620 to 691 from a dispute so I got up the courage to apply for an Amex bce knowing I was out my league it felt like the police was looking for me waiting on the decision and BOOM instantly approved for $3000 I'm too happy right now because this is only the beginning I always said if I ever get approved for a good card I was gonna post a thank you so I'm saying THANK YOU TO ALL.

DUCTAPER77

Congrats!! Just goes to show you do not have to be a "PRODUCT" of your environment....continue to go up from here.

Message 4 of 75
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awesome!! Congrats. That Amex will grow like wildfire. Request 3X current limit cli at 61 days then 181 days.
Message 5 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DUCTAPER77 wrote:

The title of this thread gave me a good laugh! Congrats on your approval! 

Message 6 of 75
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Congrats.

Life is what u make of it. You have the power to determine your outcome!

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 7 of 75
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. I knw exactly what you are saying. When I whip out my amex or diners club in the hood. I get this weird look. But it's all good. I even got carded once. Keep up the good work. Don't blow it. Only get so many chances. What's funny I tried to help friend. Told him if he could get his score to 640. Maybe he could start to build. He said what. People in hood ain't got no 640 I won't say what else he said. Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the title Smiley Very Happy I understand. Grew up in the same type of environment and thankfully got away from there a couple years ago. I try to help others but most people I know arent concerned with credit, thats their right but its kinda sad.
Major congrats on your progress!
Message 9 of 75
BUN
Established Contributor

I'm not from the hood, but I sure had hood credit!!Smiley Happy I am so proud of you and your credit journey! Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your approval!

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.