Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went on app spree and GOT APPROVED!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went on app spree and GOT APPROVED!!!!!

Hello All :-),

I am new to the forums and excited to be here. Ive been trying to rebuild my credit for a year now. I started off rebuilding my credit last October 2015 with scores in the low 400 all across the board so I wasnt getting approved for anything. SMH.  Now I am in the high 500's and growing. I recently went on a small spree (well small to me) via SCT Heres what I got.

Overstock -$200

Victoria Secret - $350

F21- $250

Target Red Card- $300

And I already had a COSM- $200

And Co Journey -$500

I got denied for discover it so now Ive decided to garden until Apri 2017. I just get discouraged because even though I know I have come a long way from where I was its just such a snail race to build credit. Any advice, tips, or pointers would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Went on app spree and GOT APPROVED!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to the forums and excited to be here. Ive been trying to rebuild my credit for a year now. I started off rebuilding my credit last October 2015 with scores in the low 400 all across the board so I wasnt getting approved for anything. SMH.  Now I am in the high 500's and growing. I recently went on a small spree (well small to me) via SCT Heres what I got.

Overstock -$200

Victoria Secret - $350

F21- $250

Target Red Card- $300

And Co Journey -$500

I got denied for discover it so now Ive decided to garden until Apri 2017. I just get discouraged because even though I know I have come a long way from where I was its just such a snail race to build credit. Any advice, tips, or pointers would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Excellent decision! Once the denials start it is definitely time to garden. Grow your current limits and you should be good to go. Are you planning to go after Discover again in April? 

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well..Idk.. Honestly my plan was to apply for an auto loan (as a birthday present to myself).  And maybe one good credit card with a nice high limit on it if possible. Then back into the garden until 2019. Thats when my last two baddies fall off. But who knows I may give Discover another chance. I tend to get turned off when I feel Im not wanted lollolol

Message 3 of 20
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well..Idk.. Honestly my plan was to apply for an auto loan (as a birthday present to myself).  And maybe one good credit card with a nice high limit on it if possible. Then back into the garden until 2019. Thats when my last two baddies fall off. But who knows I may give Discover another chance. I tend to get turned off when I feel Im not wanted lollolol

You may want to grow your current limits before expecting a nice big one from a new card. But, your best bet (depending on your profile) to try and get a card with the best limit possible is NFCU. But, if your scores in your signature are current you may need to go the secured route first. 

What are you last two baddies? AAoA?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Overstock -$200

Victoria Secret - $350

F21- $250

Target Red Card- $300

And Co Journey -$500

Excellent decision! Once the denials start it is definitely time to garden. Grow your current limits and you should be good to go. Are you planning to go after Discover again in April? 

Good advice.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually its more like 4 baddies.  I have (2) 120 day late payments from student loans

I have one collection

And one repo  :-(  (It was a bad year)

All fall off in 2019 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I just assumed you had to be in the Navy to be eligible for NFCU. Is that not true?

Message 7 of 20
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also I just assumed you had to be in the Navy to be eligible for NFCU. Is that not true?

No, you do not have to be in the Navy to be eligible for NFCU. I am a member because I am a veteran and joined while I was still in the military but, from what I understand, they are now allowing non-military folks to join. I will look for the thread and post it in here if I can find it. 

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice lucky that you got SCT with Overstock I was not so lucky!

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow cool! Thank you so muchSmiley Happy. I really appreciate it

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.