cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with NAVY giving low CL CC these days?

tag
Shelia141
Valued Member

What is up with NAVY giving low CL CC these days?

I told a friend about Navy.  They signed up and applied for a Rewards card.  He only got approved for a $4500 limit.  This is the LOWEST limit card he has!  His UTI is blow 10% and his FICO 8 score pulled is a 789!  WTFlip??

He's not the only person....  I am shocked.. does anyone know what is going on with them?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: What is up with NAVY giving low CL CC these days?

Yes many low limits lately I think it’s game over
Message 2 of 44
Shelia141
Valued Member

I see that.  I will not send people there for high limits!

I am trying to find a new CU that will give hight limits.  Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 44
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's not a big deal.

I felt the same with groups of 20K lines plus, low % Util. Low INQ's etc and i only got approved at first with 3K.

Was about to throw in the towel and move on but at 90+ days AR the silly thing shot up to 15K.

After that it soared straight up to max.

With some approvals like that you just have to go with it because they ALWAYS seem to make up the difference to expectations eventually Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you post 4 different nearly identical threads today?  The name and topic seems familiar.

If so, no need to do that, it's extra confusing.

Message 5 of 44
Shelia141
Valued Member

I didn't try to post the same or similiar post.  When I am new to the board.  When I posted.  I got an error message so I tried to post another time.  That's why.  Sorry for the confusion.. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 44
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

NFCU it like a new girlfriend..(Mod Cut-Narrative not necessary). Think more eHarmony than Tinder. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 7 of 44
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol SandmanSmiley Happy You are coming along nicelySmiley Wink.

If Navy is slacking from the right out the bat 25k limits recently could be the recent trends of defaults throughout the cc industry. However, its extremely hard to find any lender who treats peoples credit better after only a 3 or 4 month getting to know me period. That $4500 could easily become 20k in one cli request or more( or less). Point is Navy is more than worth a couple months , even 6, to wait. Heck within a few months you could have 2 different cards that both have same potential. I would continue to highly recommend just be sure to let them know sometimes the bread neast yeastSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 44
happypill
Valued Contributor

I got my card from NFCU less than a year ago I beieve and they started me at $6500, which is definitely on the lower end; however after a few months they increased to over $20k, so maybe they want to get to know you a little better.

I was always really surprised by the high limits they handed out to people with low or iffy credit.  I think the potential is still there, but maybe you need to wait a few cycles.

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shelia141 wrote:

I didn't try to post the same or similiar post.  When I am new to the board.  When I posted.  I got an error message so I tried to post another time.  That's why.  Sorry for the confusion.. Smiley Sad

No need to apologize. This has happened to me a few times, where I have made the same post because I didn't think the other had posted.  We're just glad you're here on the forums. 

And like others have said, NFCU credit llimits can grow exponentially. My own card started at $5,500 and then increased to $14,500 after three months. And that is with relatively low income to most here. So, your friend's card can grow if he waits it out. 

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.