cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Walmart and this low credit line?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up with Walmart and this low credit line?!

First post yay! I went on a slight spree over the last 2 months and I got approved for 4 out of 5 cards. I had a hard time in the past geting approved for anyrhing so it feels good to keep getting approved. I haven't tried any heavy hitter cards yet because my score isn't ready.

2 Capital One Platinum cards both at $1,000

Amazon Store Card $400

Walmart Store Card $150

Barclay declined me because of my debt to income ratio, primarily because of my student loans. I called the recon dept and they still declined but I'm going to try again.

I'm a bit annoyed with the credit limit Walmart gave me so I'm going to contact them. Should I contact them by phone or by chat to ask them to increase my limit?

FICO TU 621 via Walmart

Transunion 648

Those are the only scores I have right now. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: What's up with Walmart and this low credit line?!

It's an approval!  Congrats!  Tend it and get some history under your belt and it will likely grow!  Welcome here.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks b_diddy

Message 3 of 22
elim
Senior Contributor

Don't Panic...  

My walmart card started at $150, the day my 4th statement cut i got $2,500

Just use it and PIF every month. You might want to try Credit Solutions in early December to ask them for an increase for xmas shopping but chances are you will get the Synch denial of "Not enough experience with current limit"

anyway best of luck after the 4th statement

PS: Use the card ASAP and you must have some activity or balance for a statement to cut each month.

Edit: heres the number...  Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Message 4 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I think it will grow quicker than you think.

For me, I even got an auto CLI out of it but I ended up closing the card for other reasons. My other Sync Bank TLs have grown wonderfully.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Wait for the 4th statement then ask for the sky lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Don't Panic...  

My walmart card started at $150, the day my 4th statement cut i got $2,500

Just use it and PIF every month. You might want to try Credit Solutions in early December to ask them for an increase for xmas shopping but chances are you will get the Synch denial of "Not enough experience with current limit"

anyway best of luck after the 4th statement

PS: Use the card ASAP and you must have some activity or balance for a statement to cut each month.

Edit: heres the number...  Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Thanks for the info elim.

Message 7 of 22
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 8 of 22
fot1
Established Contributor

My walmart card grew from 1K to 7K in less then 18 months...

Too many to list..
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.