cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be a good next credit car..???

tag
Norcal5
Valued Member

What would be a good next credit car..???

Hello Everyone,

What would be the next "best" credit card "line of credit" for me to shoot for in your opinion....Thanks in advance for all your answers...

Currently my fico scores are between 660-700

Macys just gave me a CLI for $2500

Have one BOA card (authorized user) with $7000 limit

One secured card of $1500

One unsecured card of $1000

Amex has sent me several mailings but I never applied because I did'nt know which card to go with Green or Gold etc...and fees...

Anyway from reading here on the forums...chase freedom looks like what may be next....thanks for any help...

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
r3buildit

Re: What would be a good next credit car..???

Chase Freedom has great reward points and cash back options. American EX green card has less of an annual fee. Wells Fargo Propel card is great as well because they partered with American Express. Good Luck.

Starting score: EX 474 EQ 480 TU 525 January 2012
Current Score: EX 684 EQ 659 TU 661 March 2014
Goal: 700 across the board
Capital One QuickSilver $2000//Capital One Journey $500//Walmart $900//Childrens Place $750//Paypal $1000
Message 2 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Discover It

Message 3 of 33
fot1
Established Contributor

Freedom

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 33
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Norcal5 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

What would be the next "best" credit card "line of credit" for me to shoot for in your opinion....Thanks in advance for all your answers...

Amex has sent me several mailings but I never applied because I did'nt know which card to go with Green or Gold etc...and fees...

Anyway from reading here on the forums...chase freedom looks like what may be next....thanks for any help...

Who are your credit cards with and how old are they?  What is your current util?  Any other items on your CR's?  IIRC, Chase doesn't consider AU accounts.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 33
Norcal5
Valued Member

@Leadberry wrote:

@Norcal5 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Who are your credit cards with and how old are they?  What is your current util?  Any other items on your CR's?  IIRC, Chase doesn't consider AU accounts.

Here you go Leadberry..

Macys just gave me a CLI for $2500   MACY'S SINCE 2012 (two years exactly)

Have one BOA card (authorized user) with $7000 limit  (Since 2007)

One secured card of $1500        APPLIED BANK  Since 2010

One unsecured card of $1000     FIRST PREMIER Since 2010

Revolving about 10% including AU

Installment almost: 100% on a small student loan which I have not paid off but only pay the interest on...few grand...

Total for both: around 43%

Thank you....

Message 6 of 33
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Here you go Leadberry..

Installment almost: 100% on a small student loan which I have not paid off but only pay the interest on...few grand...

Thank you....

It looks like you need a few good cash back cards, and after that you can close the Applied bank and First Premier cards. I would hold off on getting a Chase Freedom card, since you don't have a history of cards with higher limits yet. 

Do you have a US Bank or a Huntington Bank in your area? Do you like to shop online? Do you buy groceries for a family?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 33
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I would go with Chase Freedom (definitely) and maybe AMEX Gold depending on the targeted offer (If 75k to 100k bonus MR points definitely).

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 8 of 33
Norcal5
Valued Member

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Here you go Leadberry..

Thank you....

It looks like you need a few good cash back cards, and after that you can close the Applied bank and First Premier cards. I would hold off on getting a Chase Freedom card, since you don't have a history of cards with higher limits yet. 

Do you have a US Bank or a Huntington Bank in your area? Do you like to shop online? Do you buy groceries for a family?

Yes closing the Applied and First Premier cards later sounds good....needed them to get back in the game...

I do have U.S. Bank around but not Huntington Bank.....these two give me the same Feel as the Applied and First Premier cards....if I have nothing to lose why not go for the Chase Freedom; you never know I may qualify....if that is the road that you are recommending later...let me know thank you for your answer by the way....

Message 9 of 33
Norcal5
Valued Member

Thanks for your answer....is Chase Freedom a pretty solid card you think?  What do you think about Discover It or any other cards out there...again thank you too for your help....

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.