Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you do?

Currently- 

Rebuilding my credit still. In the garden since July 2014

Current Score 8- EQ 634, TR 637, EX 659  (Started in the 500s early 2014)

Last Hard Pull was from CAPONE for a 3k limit card July 2014 (Now currently a $4k limit and upgraded to a VENTURE)

Other card- Opened March 2014, Credit Union $500 secure card.

Other notes: AUTO LOAN for $17,500 now down to $12,800

School loan - Currently owe $17k

Had late payments on report in the 2011 and earlier and one judgement. - All paid in full since 2013

No late payments since and Credit cards are all under 10% or paid off each month.

Age 29

Income- $58k year

Wife (28)- $51k year

Wife owns home- Paid down to $69k (should be paid in full within 7 years)

First- With the secured CC, I called the credit union to see if I could upgrade the card without a hard pull so I can get that $500 back in my account versus having it in a CC account. They said I can upgrade, but it would be a hard pull.

Is it worth the hard pull? My crd limit would increase and I would most likely get a card with rewards, and I would get my $500 back. Or is it not worth the hard pull hit and to stay in the garden even longer?

We plan on trying to buy a house soon (200k-300k). Maybe within 1 year.

Let me know what you would do!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would you do?

Take the hard pull since it's been a while! I bet you wil like the outcome. Let us know the update! 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and called to send in the app. They said in order to upgrade it would be a new line of credit and I would close my secured card. I only had the secured card for 1 year so it should not really hurt my score. I am thinking with the pull and the closed card I might go down 5-10 pts, but with a higher CL I should be right back where I was in a couple months. Plus, I will get my $500 back and I can put that on my truck payment or something else.\

Once I get my app back I will let you know what I got. I requested a 4k CL with the cash back rewards of 2% on everything.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems this is the best route for many.  They start out with secured card or ones with super low limits and once you have a little history with them it seems easier to just app for new card the offer.  For me it only took one month of having Qs1 $500 before getting the Venture 10k.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the news today, The request I asked for was approved. A 4k CC with 2% cash back on everything.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was disappointed when I saw no mention of a Klondike Bar (see title of thread). Smiley LOL

But congrats on the $4k limit with 2% CB! That's awesome! Heart

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got the news today, The request I asked for was approved. A 4k CC with 2% cash back on everything.

Congrats on the approval...

Message 7 of 11
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! 

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.