Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should I go from here?

tag
Jwat59
Valued Member

Where should I go from here?

Recently applied and was approved for Discover IT($5500 CL). I really want to apply for NFCU or USAA rewards cards. I’m reluctant because I don’t want too many inquires. The discover card is the only card I have in my name. I refinanced my car recently and had to order new phone service which led to HP for both obviously. Should I wait until my scores improve or get apply for another card to increase my available CL and decrease utilization? My scores are Ex-718 (3 inquiries) TU-667(2 inquiries) EQ 642(6 Inq)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Where should I go from here?

You are being smart about thinking about your inquiries!

Before you app those, research whom they pull and decide if it’s worth the HP. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its nice to plan your hps well so as not to waste them but they are also just an hp , not the end of the world imo. You actually have low inqs imo so with your Ex score i think you could apply for Amex and have good chances as they almost exclusively use Amex.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You already made a good choice by worrying about your inquiries. If you don't "need it" don't get them. What other cards do you have?
Message 4 of 9
Jwat59
Valued Member

I have a Discover IT card and am a authorized user for NFCU, BBVA and Capital One. I’m really just learning and building my credit profile.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy will most likely pull TU for a CC and don’t seem to be inquiry sensitive.
I’d maybe try them; your TU only has 2 inq, and they can be generous to scores like your
Message 6 of 9
Jwat59
Valued Member

That’s the card i really would like. I know they could be generous with their limits.
Message 7 of 9
Jwat59
Valued Member

Well good and bad news! The bad first: I was declined! Then I called in and spoke to a representative 800-567-1083. He sent my file to be manually recon and about 2 hours later i was approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $1000 CL. I was disappointed with the CL but they said in 60 days I could do a CLI. The way I look at it is at least my foot is in the door! I’ll build from here! I love this forum and all the wisdom shared. Thanks.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your reconned approval! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.