Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams Sonoma CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams Sonoma CLI

Used the SCT a couple of weeks ago and got a SL of $500 for Williams Sonoma (my 3rd of 4 Comenity cards). Called the automated customer service line, said "Credit Limit Increase," and asked for $1500. Approved!

Wish I'd done that just prior. Did the same process for Overstock but said I didn't have a requested limit. Went from $1500 to $1800. A bump is a bump.

Funny thing is that the card that started it all, Wayfair, is my oldest at 5 months. I've made the most purchases on it and paid it down to under 10% every month. It's stuck at $500. No CLI, even with the automated line.

Just getting started. Thank you all for the advice. This forum has been super-helpful (including telling me about the SCT in the first place).

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Williams Sonoma CLI

Congrats on the increase!

i also love my Wayfair card! Just be patient with it.  My limit increases every six months.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaaaaand.... I made a rookie mistake. 2 hard pulls on Experian (at least). I don't have a utilization problem so this wasn't a good move. Should have just stuck with clicking the button on the site (which didn't get me anywhere but didn't give me hard pulls).

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Aaaaaand.... I made a rookie mistake. 2 hard pulls on Experian (at least). I don't have a utilization problem so this wasn't a good move. Should have just stuck with clicking the button on the site (which didn't get me anywhere but didn't give me hard pulls).

Sorry to hear about your HPs. I think the rule of thumb for Comenity-backed cards is to say "no" to RoboLady's question, "Are you requesting a specific amount?". It might only get you a few hundred bucks, but it's always a SP from what I understand.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry you had to take the HPs OP
Message 5 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Used the SCT a couple of weeks ago and got a SL of $500 for Williams Sonoma (my 3rd of 4 Comenity cards). Called the automated customer service line, said "Credit Limit Increase," and asked for $1500. Approved!

Wish I'd done that just prior. Did the same process for Overstock but said I didn't have a requested limit. Went from $1500 to $1800. A bump is a bump.

Funny thing is that the card that started it all, Wayfair, is my oldest at 5 months. I've made the most purchases on it and paid it down to under 10% every month. It's stuck at $500. No CLI, even with the automated line.

Just getting started. Thank you all for the advice. This forum has been super-helpful (including telling me about the SCT in the first place).

FYI My WS store card has been moving up $750/Mo.. I'm currently at $6250, I got the card in Sept(?) when it first came out, as a SCT card. 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you cli. I know that Comenity can be all over the place. Some cards you can get cli every month, some you can push the button or call robo lady until your finger turns blue while other cards are like once wvery couple of months. Then there are your hp clis to boot. Crazy Comenity at its finestSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on you cli. I know that Comenity can be all over the place. Some cards you can get cli every month, some you can push the button or call robo lady until your finger turns blue while other cards are like once wvery couple of months. Then there are your hp clis to boot. Crazy Comenity at its finestSmiley Happy

Crazy, yes. Worthwhile when we're just getting started... absolutely. Now that I know to be patient and stick with the luv button, I'm at a good place with them. They make up half of my cards now and I'm pleased with the ones I got because they're all actually useful. I hope to look back in a couple of years and think fondly on the days when getting a Wayfair card was a huge deal in my life.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store card or Visa? 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Store card or Visa? 

Very good question.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.