Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams-Sonoma SCT Data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Williams-Sonoma SCT Data

@TXinandout, I have seen that pop-up. That is for the store card I believe.

I don't blame you, as Commenity is always such a wildcard.  I think the store card is a SP but maybe someone else can weigh in with thier experience. If the pop-up isn't showing Visa only, I would try it every month or so, to see if it changes, if that's the card you really want.

Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 39
cinnamongirl
Contributor

So.. I was approved on 3/8 with the pop-up. So far, no HP and interestingly, I got a 5k limit but it's not a Signature Visa, just a regular Visa.  I thought anything over $5k starting limit was automatic Siggy??

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You received the Platinum Visa? With no HP (congrats BTW) you won the Comenity lottery though Smiley Very Happy

Personally, Platinum, Siggy, Glow-in-the-Dark (lol) I could care less. The limit and the usefulness of the card is my only concern. It's interesting that neither of us got the HP for the Visa card...nice!!

Happy Friday @cinnamongirl!

Message 33 of 39
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have seen the different pop ups for this card but today I receieved the one where it talks about just the visa. In the fine fine fine print somewhere it does say there is a chance if you no longer meet our criteria you may receive the store card. 

e35465346.jpg

Message 34 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just got a mailer yesterday in the mail pre-approved for visa then different apr's based on tier of the visa, but wasn't store card.. Didn't bother reading any of the fine print if my profile changed i might get store card if it has it at all in the mailed version.  Regardless nothing to buy at WS that I can justify applying for it now to use the 20% discount (probably the biggest benefit of the card) and an aaoa hit, etc.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you CC, I have to watch my aaoa closely now, or maybe if I stop apping it will take care of itself lol Smiley Wink

Agreed, no reason to pick up the card if there isn't anything you're buying right now. One thing's for sure, when and if you need/want something from WS, the offers will always be around! I've have learned a ton from you on the forum, I sure appreciate your insights!

Happy weekend CC!

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari thanks for the info! It's a good thing I didn't read the fine print too carefully, I probably would have chickened out!

BTW...that Vitamix looks awfully sweet lol, did you accept the offer?

Have a good weekend!

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying for this card for a month. I did manage to get a pop up for a card, but it did not have the VISA logo on it. It may be because my score isnt high enough. There are also a couple of other issues that may be keeping it from popping up

my only bank credit card is a Credit One VISA $300

I have a recient collection that reported this month for $1000- I am in the middle of disputing it.

I have 9 new credit accounts in the past 3 months.

I also just hard pulled for this account & got the 2 week message - I dont think I was approved, but I did not get a letter either. Im sure I was rejected, because the pulled all 3 reports. I did not use the shopping cart trick for that application.

IM GONNA KEEP TRYING, BUT I WILL ONLY APPLY WITH THE PRE APPROVAL POP UP.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Forum NewCreditHobby!

IMHO, I would wait until the dispute is resolved for the collection before apping for any new cards. If you got the pop-up for the store card, Comenity usually does a SP for their store card versions. When applying for any of their Visa products (SCT or regular app) I always prepare myself for the HP's. The fact that some of us didn't get a HP for this card is not the way it usually works with them. I'm still baffled.

The great news is that you have a lot of new accounts that you can grow while you are getting that collection removed. You didn't mention what your Fico 8 scores are currently but the new collection has to have hit your scores pretty hard. Once that's removed, you'll probably see a huge increase across all the bureaus. In the meantime, I would use those new cards with small purchases monthly and PIF before the statements cut. The Credit One Visa is a tough card to use but it helped me build in the year I had it. Even if you just buy gas or groceries once a month, pay it off as soon as it posts and it will do the work. By the time the first year rolls around, you should be able to dump it for a better Visa option without the hefty AF.

Lastly, of the 9 new accounts, if most of them have been aquired through the SCT, consider proceeding with caution as we never know which direction Comenity will go. There are a lot of stories on the forum about Comenity and the issues people have had with them closing all their accounts. Personally, I look at each card I'm applying for and see if it's an account that I will really be using and if not, I just don't apply.

Thanks for sharing the info of your experience with the WS card and I look forward to following your journey on the forum!

Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.