cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW!!!! Just got approved for DCU Platinum Visa!!!!!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: WoW!!!! Just got approved for DCU Platinum Visa!!!!!

Congrats! Make sure you ask about your CS...if its over 700 your rate should be 8.5-9.5%.
Message 11 of 26
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! Make sure you ask about your CS...if its over 700 your rate should be 8.5-9.5%.

Came in here to post this.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 12 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Thanks, Lexie. I picked the Rewards Platinum Visa instead of Platinum Visa. I don't plan to carry any balance. I got it for the fee EQ FICO score.

Ron.

Message 13 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Congrats!  Worth the wait, huh?  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!!! Yes, it is worth the wait. Smiley Happy I wasn't in a hurry. I had a plenty of the card to use. I was out of the country to keep applying for any card.

Ron.

Message 14 of 26
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats Ron nice limit, the DCU membership wait was worth it  now everything is complete, membership, cc, and free monthly eq score!!!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 26
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Congrats Ron! Do you recall how many inquiries you had (and age) before applying?

Message 16 of 26
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

"I picked the Rewards Platinum Visa instead of Platinum Visa. I don't plan to carry any balance."

Ron.

Yeah that's the only thing I hate about how DCU does their credit cards (can't knock em for it though), hahaha choose the Platinum Visa lower apr, choose the rewards platinum visa and get a higher apr no matter what your score is! Might be lower, then most people who don't have excellent credit, but I don't mind the APR since their so upfront about it, and give you the catch before you pick which card you want! (So you can pick a card that better suits your needs) But since you won't be carrying a balance it really doesn't matter Smiley Wink

Congrats on the limit though, hahahaa I hope I get their soon! But I don't spend that much on that card so I know it won't be anytime soon since they have direct access to what I make every 2 weeks and I don't have justification to get more! Smiley Very Happy -LJ

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 17 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Congrats Ron! Do you recall how many inquiries you had (and age) before applying?

I had 7 inquiries before applying.

Ron.

Message 18 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tray wrote:

Congrats Ron nice limit, the DCU membership wait was worth it  now everything is complete, membership, cc, and free monthly eq score!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! 

Ron.

Message 19 of 26
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I had around 15+ inquiries when I got approved for the CC and refi. I did it on the phone though, not online. I was shocked. But I had just cleaned up my report pretty well.

I also had a ton of new cards and very low AAoA, 1 CO and 1 collection at the time. I think it was just my lucky day Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.