Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo!! Southwest Airline Premier Approval

tag
cb_shopper
Valued Member

Woohoo!! Southwest Airline Premier Approval

I have been receiving these offers for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card for the past year. I was hesitant since Chase has not budged on my credit limit for my slate card. I received the offer for 50,000 bonus miles so I said "why not?" Then BAM instant approval. CL is only  $2,000 but that is a $1000 increase from my Slate card  (have to start somewhere). Does anyone know if this card has a better rate of receiving CLI? Either way I'm excited because I do travel on Southwest frequently for work. 

In the Garden until 4/26/2015...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Woohoo!! Southwest Airline Premier Approval

With Chase, its better to apply for another card, and move the credit around as needed. They love giving you rewards points and new cards, but don't like giving CLI's always an HP, see my latest post, it blew me way the CL they gave me after being with them for 2 years and 3 months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@C_H_A_R wrote:

I have been receiving these offers for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card for the past year. I was hesitant since Chase has not budged on my credit limit for my slate card. I received the offer for 50,000 bonus miles so I said "why not?" Then BAM instant approval. CL is only  $2,000 but that is a $1000 increase from my Slate card  (have to start somewhere). Does anyone know if this card has a better rate of receiving CLI? Either way I'm excited because I do travel on Southwest frequently for work. 

Grats on your new Chase card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 12
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Congrats. Didn't know they would approve below the $5k threshold. Unless they offer the card in a non visa sig version.

Message 6 of 12
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 7 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@C_H_A_R wrote:

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 12
cb_shopper
Valued Member

I think it did mention that if you are not approve for the signature you may be approved for the regular visa. We shall see because I'm not sure of a way to check online or not to see if it is a visa signature.

@DrZoiberg wrote:

Congrats. Didn't know they would approve below the $5k threshold. Unless they offer the card in a non visa sig version.

In the Garden until 4/26/2015...
Message 9 of 12
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Keep us posted, I'm curious to see if they approve your visa sig for less than the minimum $5k limit.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.