Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, 10K in one day!

tag
Boragard
Established Contributor

Wow, 10K in one day!

Good evening MyFICOers!

Today I am totally surprised at my results.  I was off work today and was bored, so I began to mull over a denied CSP app on March 10th.  In spite of that denial, I became motivated and decided to apply for a DCU credit card after reading on here that they often SP Equifax (Which is my best).  After a seemingly long minute, the results came back instant approved  with a $5K limit and 15% APR.  That would be my second lowest APR, as my Amex has a 12.24%.  I will take it!  

Then, being high on the approval from DCU, I decided to call the recon for Chase once again, knowing I had one more day to recon before it reached day 30.  I was greeted by an EXTREMELY nice and KNOWLEDGEABLE representative.  We spoke for about 5 minutes even before getting down to why I was calling.  She began to ask questions and re-ran the application.  She came back on the phone, asked me about the 3 baddies on my credit report.  Since we were both chatty I told her the elongated version of the truth.  She said I was very knowledgeable about credit and said I was APPROVED FOR $5K.  WHAT?!  My dream card, FINALLY!  I have 15 INQs from Chase alone for that and the freedom cards combined.  Afterwards she asked if I wanted the card rushed, I said that was OK.  Normal mail was fine.  We spoke for about another 5 minutes. Then ended the call.  The call was 21 minutes long but it honestly didn't feel that way.  She was the nicest analyst/rep ever!

Now that I have every card I EVER want, I am officially done!  Now time to hit the garden and continue to get these last 3 baddies off my reports!

Woohoo!!!!    Smiley Very Happy

EDIT:  THE DCU was indeed a HP on the EQ report.  Its only SP if you are a member already. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wow, 10K in one day!

@Boragard wrote:

Good evening MyFICOers!

Today I am totally surprised at my results.  I was off work today and was bored, so I began to mull over a denied CSP app on March 10th.  In spite of that denial, I became motivated and decided to apply for a DCU credit card after reading on here that they often SP Equifax (Which is my best).  After a seemingly long minute, the results came back instant approved  with a $5K limit and 15% APR.  That would be my second lowest APR, as my Amex has a 12.24%.  I will take it!  

Then, being high on the approval from DCU, I decided to call the recon for Chase once again, knowing I had one more day to recon before it reached day 30.  I was greeted by an EXTREMELY nice and KNOWLEDGEABLE representative.  We spoke for about 5 minutes even before getting down to why I was calling.  She began to ask questions and re-ran the application.  She came back on the phone, asked me about the 3 baddies on my credit report.  Since we were both chatty I told her the elongated version of the truth.  She said I was very knowledgeable about credit and said I was APPROVED FOR $5K.  WHAT?!  My dream card, FINALLY!  I have 15 INQs from Chase alone for that and the freedom cards combined.  Afterwards she asked if I wanted the card rushed, I said that was OK.  Normal mail was fine.  We spoke for about another 5 minutes. Then ended the call.  The call was 21 minutes long but it honestly didn't feel that way.  She was the nicest analyst/rep ever!

Now that I have every card I EVER want, I am officially done!  Now time to hit the garden and continue to get these last 3 baddies off my reports!

Woohoo!!!!    Smiley Very Happy

very nice OP!  Congrats to you

Message 2 of 31
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CONGRATS.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I would have taken the rush option Smiley Wink Pretty sure she would have done so as a courtesy free of charge. Still waiting on my last two Chase cards to show up in the mail!

Message 4 of 31
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Awesome...well done!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 31
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 31
Boragard
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone for the compliments!  I love this site and people on it!

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats, great recon story

Message 8 of 31
Boragard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I would have taken the rush option Smiley Wink Pretty sure she would have done so as a courtesy free of charge. Still waiting on my last two Chase cards to show up in the mail!

Thanks HeavenlyFlower!  I thought about that after I hung up but said oh well.  I would get it soon.  Ironically, I am waiting on yet another new slate in the mail as well.  Last week, I SM'd chase asking for the new card.  They sent me a horizontal slate looking just like the vertical one.  I thought i would have access to my credit score at that point.  I SM'd them again.  They told me they have to get me transferred over to the new card which comes with the credit score.  So, I am now waiting on my third slate from them. 

Message 9 of 31
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Congrats, I didn't know that DCU was a SP for CC. I may try it if it really is.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.