Did you mean: 

Wow I'm on a roll with approvals

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Wow I'm on a roll with approvals

Friday Approvals - Amex Everyday, Chase Freedom

Saturday Approval - Amex Blue Cash Everyday

Just now I went to creditcards.com to provide my information and see what cards they recommend for me, a list came back with a bunch of cards that I know are out of my league. I already have the Cap 1 QS1 and the list had the QS, so I figured screw it....and got approved with a 3k limit! Fourth pretty good card in the last three days, awesome.

This tells me one thing though, the "offers" Cap One always talks about when you try to PC a card or reduce your interest are definitely not based on...well anything. Just the other day I tried to PC my QS1 to the QS and I was told I didn't have that offer on my account, here I am two days later getting approved for that exact card. I'm going to inquiry my credit profile to death with this spree, but oh well.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow I'm on a roll with approvals

@dapps06 wrote:

Just now I went to creditcards.com to provide my information and see what cards they recommend for me, a list came back with a bunch of cards that I know are out of my league. I already have the Cap 1 QS1 and the list had the QS, so I figured screw it....and got approved with a 3k limit! Fourth pretty good card in the last three days, awesome.

This tells me one thing though, the "offers" Cap One always talks about when you try to PC a card or reduce your interest are definitely not based on...well anything. Just the other day I tried to PC my QS1 to the QS and I was told I didn't have that offer on my account, here I am two days later getting approved for that exact card. I'm going to inquiry my credit profile to death with this spree, but oh well.

Congrats.. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

Can you post your current status? (FICO Score, AAoA, Credit Utilization, any baddies?) Thanks!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 3 of 22
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

Can you post your current status? (FICO Score, AAoA, Credit Utilization, any baddies?) Thanks!

Sure, my current FICO's are

EQ - 658

EX - 653

TU - 645

Not sure which one they just pulled, though.

- AAoA is 8 years

- Utilization is tricky, myFico credit monitoring gave me an update earlier today showing my Chase Amazon balance go to zero because of my balance transfer, but I haven't received an update showing the balance apply to my Cap 1 Platinum yet. If the balance on my Cap 1 card has updated but I just haven't received an alert yet, then my overall utilization is just under 19%.

- I have a court judgement that falls off next month, an old charge off with associated collection account that falls off in June, and an old auto loan that was settled for less than full balance that's 4 1/2 years old.

- I also have probably around 10 inquries in the past  seven months, including the cards I applied for yesterday and the day before.

- My credit report on myFico is showing my last late payment at 4 1/2 years ago.

Hope all of this helps.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Really nice cards. Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 22
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go! Congrats!

Message 8 of 22
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty tempted to try for the Discover It card, but something tells me I should hold off. Though I guess I'll get a free credit report if I get denied....

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

Congrats, nice approvals

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.