Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YAY - American Express let me back in!

tag
zan987
New Contributor

YAY - American Express let me back in!

I decided to try my luck with American Express (Blue Cash Everyday) after including them in my 2010 Bankruptcy (5k).  I held my breath as I pressed the Submit button.  A few swirls of the  infamous thinking circle and then....YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR $1400.  I almost fell out my chair.  I have heard all the horror stories of people being blacked listed for 10 years or more.  I will probably be to scared to use the card but I will definitely carry it around proudly.  I am back in the AMEX club!! 

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YAY - American Express let me back in!

@zan987 wrote:

I decided to try my luck with American Express (Blue Cash Everyday) after including them in my 2010 Bankruptcy (5k).  I held my breath as I pressed the Submit button.  A few swirls of the  infamous thinking circle and then....YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR $1400.  I almost fell out my chair.  I have heard all the horror stories of people being blacked listed for 10 years or more.  I will probably be to scared to use the card but I will definitely carry it around proudly.  I am back in the AMEX club!! 

Congratulations to you! Enjoy your new card!

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a chargeoff from them back around 2010, and earlier this year they would send me "Pre-arroval" apps in the mail with around 680 FICO, I would apply and get denied every time, for prior chargeoffs. They never did a Hard pull.

And then the same month, another "Pre-approval" app.

I have not got one in a while, but my FICO is now around 730. CapOne card at $16500, have over $40k in Visa/MC's.

I am hoping one day I will get back in.

Congrats

Message 3 of 30
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

That's so AWESOME

Congratulations

Message 4 of 30
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Zan987 ;

I decided to try my luck with American Express (Blue Cash Everyday) after including them in my 2010 Bankruptcy (5k). I held my breath as I pressed the Submit button. A few swirls of the infamous thinking circle and then....YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR $1400. I almost fell out my chair. I have heard all the horror stories of people being blacked listed for 10 years or more. I will probably be to scared to use the card but I will definitely carry it around proudly. I am back in the AMEX club!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Congrats on getting back in with Amex Zan!!
That's unheard of and unprecedented!
I've done so much research about Amex BL and you just set the record for the quickest back in with them!
If you don't mind me asking, was it chapter 7 or 13 that you said you IIB'd Amex?
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 30
zan987
New Contributor

I wish I knew what data they looked at.  I didn't get a preapproval, I checked to see if I prequalified for any of their cards.  My FICO is now 709 (went up 8 points today) Smiley Tongue Today,  is a good Monday.

Message 6 of 30
zan987
New Contributor

I started off with a Chapter 13 then I converted to a Chapter 7.  I included the AMEX gold card in the bankruptcy. 

Message 7 of 30
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Zan987 ;

I started off with a Chapter 13 then I converted to a Chapter 7. I included the AMEX gold card in the bankruptcy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey thanks!
So you paid some of the money owed during the 13 then. How much in (%) of the total balance were you able to pay back?
Sorry for the many prying questions as I'm really trying to gather as much DPs as possible. I'm in that blacklist by the way.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing job, getting back in with Amex in only seven years is like hitting the credit lottery, i spplaud you dear sir or maamSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 30
Failingupwards
New Contributor

That's great news! I'm hoping to get back with them one day.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.