Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay got the PayPal extras MC! (upgrade)

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yay got the PayPal extras MC! (upgrade)

They sent the one letter out awhile ago, that my account may be upgraded.  Well months later it was!

They bumped my limit from 700 to 2000 and switched it to the MC paypal extras card from the smart connect.

(It does say you have the option to not upgrade and continue with only the smart connect)

Kinda happy about that Smiley Happy  Did nothing at all for it to upgrade.

Also got a Merrick CC, 900 limit doubling after 6 months.   Did not want to at first but really, no AF, nothing bad but a higher APR (which most of mine have anyway) so its a good emergency card.

Wife got Amex Everyday, Discover IT, Amazon MC or VISA whichever it is, Walmart store card.  (she applied for the walmart one on her own, so instead of getting the CC version she got just the store card!  arrrr)  1000 limit, 1400 limit, 1000 limit and 700 limit.

Fun! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay got the PayPal extras MC! (upgrade)

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

They sent the one letter out awhile ago, that my account may be upgraded.  Well months later it was!

They bumped my limit from 700 to 2000 and switched it to the MC paypal extras card from the smart connect.

(It does say you have the option to not upgrade and continue with only the smart connect)

Kinda happy about that Smiley Happy  Did nothing at all for it to upgrade.

Also got a Merrick CC, 900 limit doubling after 6 months.   Did not want to at first but really, no AF, nothing bad but a higher APR (which most of mine have anyway) so its a good emergency card.

Wife got Amex Everyday, Discover IT, Amazon MC or VISA whichever it is, Walmart store card.  (she applied for the walmart one on her own, so instead of getting the CC version she got just the store card!  arrrr)  1000 limit, 1400 limit, 1000 limit and 700 limit.

Fun! Smiley Happy

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction! Fantastic!!

Message 2 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 12
BigDreamin

Congrats!!

Do you happen to know if it stays the same account number on your credit report or is it going to report as a new account?

Message 4 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats to the new upgrade and increase BOTH!

Message 5 of 12
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Dont know yet, it has not updated to my CR as anything changing yet.

Will update if I get an alert.

So far, no inquiry, no closed account and no reported new account.

(the account numbers are different so I would think in the near future one account will close and another will open)

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Smart Connect showed up first as a closed account. Then, it took a couple days for my MC to show up. It does report as a brand new account, in spite of the reps saying otherwise. It reflects that it was opened in May of 2016. My Smart Connect was opened in September of 2014.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on the upgrade.

Message 8 of 12
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 9 of 12
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

@Anonymous wrote:
My Smart Connect showed up first as a closed account. Then, it took a couple days for my MC to show up. It does report as a brand new account, in spite of the reps saying otherwise. It reflects that it was opened in May of 2016. My Smart Connect was opened in September of 2014.

This is the only reason I "might" reject my JCPenney MC upgrade, I don't want to get dinged with a new account since I'm gardening. But the emphasis is on might. By the times it reports it might be til September since I'm not supposed to get the card in August. So I should be in the garden for three months by then.Smiley Very Happy

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.