Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes I finally was approved a Discover It card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes I finally was approved a Discover It card

Thank you UncleB decided to call customer service was awesome and the nice lady said my apr will be 21.4% after promotion I don't plan to ever keep a balance however still my ego would be high if it were from 14%-16- apr 

Message 21 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you UncleB decided to call customer service was awesome and the nice lady said my apr will be 21.4% after promotion I don't plan to ever keep a balance however still my ego would be high if it were from 14%-16- apr 

My own APR will be 20.15% when my promotion expires in July, but others on here have had good luck getting APR reductions after the first year, so you and I can both hopefully take advantage of that! 

Like you, though, I don't plan on ever actually needing it, but I would like to have a low rate whenever possible. Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

5% in restaurants is better than Amex PRG? I spend 1500 a month or so on Restaurants. Would this be a better card for me. Of course future speaking. I just opened 5 accounts in February.

LOL, my friend, you're likely to get answers to that question that run the gamut!  Smiley Very Happy

If you truly value MR points, the PRG is probably your best bet.  However, on $1500 in restaurant spending you would earn $75 using a Discover card, and if your rewards are doubled the first year that would become $150 (for one month).  Three months in a row, and you can do the math... it wouldn't be too bad.  Smiley Wink

Edited to add:  Major congrats to Peanut6!  Smiley Very Happy

Doesn't Discover It have catagory caps at 1500 spend on catagories? so it would only be good for 1Month if I max it in one Month? I guess it would still be good because the first year is doubled cash back.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Be good to them and they will be good to you with cli's. I was approved with the same limit and within 5 months it was at 10k.

Message 24 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

5% in restaurants is better than Amex PRG? I spend 1500 a month or so on Restaurants. Would this be a better card for me. Of course future speaking. I just opened 5 accounts in February.

LOL, my friend, you're likely to get answers to that question that run the gamut!  Smiley Very Happy

If you truly value MR points, the PRG is probably your best bet.  However, on $1500 in restaurant spending you would earn $75 using a Discover card, and if your rewards are doubled the first year that would become $150 (for one month).  Three months in a row, and you can do the math... it wouldn't be too bad.  Smiley Wink

Edited to add:  Major congrats to Peanut6!  Smiley Very Happy

Doesn't Discover It have catagory caps at 1500 spend on catagories? so it would only be good for 1Month if I max it in one Month? I guess it would still be good because the first year is doubled cash back.

Yep, you're exactly right... in all the "excitement" I overlooked the cap!  Smiley Tongue  (In my own case, the cap isn't a factor since my spending is a bit more modest, so I don't have to consider it often - if ever - LOL)

That being said, even if you end up knocking out the entire $1500 quarterly max in a single month, it's still a good deal... you could go back to your PRG the other two remaining months and still rack up on MR points (assuming you are considering a Discover in the future...)

Message 25 of 27
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I hate you. Oops, I mean Congrats! Nice limit! Stupid auto-correct. Smiley Sad

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha Thanks MyLoFico Smiley Tongue also with what James said I hope this card gets to $10K I have so much personal expense happening and business and I'm expecting to spend about $2K a month on this card. Of course I'll make multiple payments because that's how I utilize my spending hope there is no limits to paying multiple times (and when I say multiple times I don't mean a patent per transaction I mean a payment when it reaches 100 or over) that's my style

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.