cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yey! Approved for Chase Freedom after recon

tag
kathski

Yey! Approved for Chase Freedom after recon

So i applied for a chase freedom card last Dec 23 with the $200 bonus promotion. I haven't heard any until today and I realized I could have been denied due to a negative alert on my credit report showing i have a cc clsoed due to bk when i didnt even have a bk and i dont own that cc so it shouldn't be there but the company who did that is jsut too slow to remove it from my credit. I was able to prove that its not supposed to be there with the letter from them and sicne i was able to just buy a house and new vehicle 3 months ago. So i called one of the backdoor number for chase personal and i was told i was denied becuase of the negative alert and severla inquiries. But after explainign what the negative alert is and the recent inquirier were for the home and auto loan i got, they told me they are able to overlook it and approved me with a CL of 4000 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Yey! Approved for Chase Freedom after recon

Well done!!! Congrats

Message 2 of 11
Involver
Valued Contributor

Another successful Chase recon!  Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Good work - congrats!

Message 5 of 11
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your recon...much better than the standard $500 CL they have been known to issue.  It gives me hope yet.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kathski wrote:

So i applied for a chase freedom card last Dec 23 with the $200 bonus promotion. I haven't heard any until today and I realized I could have been denied due to a negative alert on my credit report showing i have a cc clsoed due to bk when i didnt even have a bk and i dont own that cc so it shouldn't be there but the company who did that is jsut too slow to remove it from my credit. I was able to prove that its not supposed to be there with the letter from them and sicne i was able to just buy a house and new vehicle 3 months ago. So i called one of the backdoor number for chase personal and i was told i was denied becuase of the negative alert and severla inquiries. But after explainign what the negative alert is and the recent inquirier were for the home and auto loan i got, they told me they are able to overlook it and approved me with a CL of 4000 Smiley Happy

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the successful recon!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 11
brikays
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.