cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you had a good app spree when....

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

You know you had a good app spree when....

Edited

you end up buying this and using over your Louis Vuitton wallet you just bought a few months ago cause you need the extra credit card slots -_-;

11 slots for cards lol  

It has 9 slots (including the window) and 2 more slots behind the window flap.

Edited, links to purchasing sites are against the TOS.   Shogun, myFICO moderator

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: You know you had a good app spree when....

I'm debating if I should spend another $600 on this wallet (just bought almost the same wallet with less slots etc for $500+ this July....

since I love how it feels and how sturdy it is (same design as mine this one just has more pockets, and a change/receipt area) but I should wait til I close on my house 100% first   (i'm not mr money bags I just believe in buying a good solid wallet, after I was replacing $50-100 wallets every year from being in my back pocket, noticed my dad's LV wallet has been in good shape in his back pocket for the last 20 years)

Message 2 of 37
sphinx313
Established Contributor

You know you don't have good credit when you go from a bulky wallet to a coach front pocket wallet with 4 slots. I did this.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

You know you don't have good credit when you go from a bulky wallet to a coach front pocket wallet with 4 slots. I did this.

lol ouch something bad happen recently?

Message 4 of 37
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Nah, I've never had "good" credit. I've always just been a cash kinda guy until I realized I couldn't get a new car etc. So, I bought my Charger cash lol, saved some money on interest but drove a clunker for a year while I saved some extra money. I am a firm believer in quality though and I can agree with you there. It's like guys that buy screen printed football jerseys and complain when they start fading away. An extra $150 and that problem does not exist.

Message 5 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

Nah, I've never had "good" credit. I've always just been a cash kinda guy until I realized I couldn't get a new car etc. So, I bought my Charger cash lol, saved some money on interest but drove a clunker for a year while I saved some extra money. I am a firm believer in quality though and I can agree with you there. It's like guys that buy screen printed football jerseys and complain when they start fading away. An extra $150 and that problem does not exist.

yea most my friends are like yea yea credit **bleep** before, now they realized I can get qualified for 0% car loans and they're paying 20% apr they're coming around. It sucks cause in America it's rough having bad credit, I had to pay deposits everywhere etc I was denied gas cards last year, and even secured cards.

Message 6 of 37
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Yeah it's insane. I finally decided to grab a hold of my credit situation when I realized I could get a house with escrow for less than what I pay in rent every month up to $120,000. A $70,000 house is nicer than the apartment my family and I live in, but it's probably the most convenient location, steps from everything including my job. I got sick of it one day when a CA called me, then another around an hour later and then 20 minutes after that another. I snapped and took control, I just can't wait to break through to the 600's. I've never been there.

Message 7 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

seriously? 600 for a wallet? lol you can find me at walmart buying the cheapo fako leather 13 dollar wallet.  They do the same thing keep the cards nice and neat in my pocket!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

seriously? 600 for a wallet? lol you can find me at walmart buying the cheapo fako leather 13 dollar wallet.  They do the same thing keep the cards nice and neat in my pocket!

seriously though tohse cheapo wallets don't last in my back pocket for more than a few months without falling apart.... maybe i have a really boney ass I dunno. but this wallet feels really light and flimsy even tho kenneth cole is an ok brand name, the wallet is fine, but i love the stiffer feeling of the lv one I'm trying to replace. My Coach wallet before after 3 months there was already damage from normal wear and tear, it's been 4-5 months and my LV wallet could still be passed off as new. it all depends, but like I said earlier my dad's 20 year old LV wallet is still holding up strong. buy a cheap wallet every 3 months or use on for 10+ years? 

Message 9 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

lol i understand what your saying and believe me i spend money like it isnt nothing but i just never had any interest in spending so much on a wallet.  heck i want to strangle my fiancee everytime she wants to buy a new coach purse every year

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.