Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero to 11 credit cards in 30 days

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Zero to 11 credit cards in 30 days

Congratulations! I think I went from only having two cards to a whole bunch of cards with just one spree so the feeling is mutual.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 15
sobeone1
Regular Contributor

Thank you Dr. Zoibergh. yes I will drop Credit One buttttttt I already paid for the year so I will wait a few months and write them to ask if they will lower apr & raise c.l and waive next years $95 fee other wise yes I will cancel but from what I have learned on here is u should never cancel a credit card. But it will be on my tearms so u r right. clip clip as The Doctor would say

credit karma has my scores at T.U 637 Equifax 668 but all of my Major cards have my score between 710-730 fico AAoA 7months with 16 inquires T.U & Eq 12 inquires.

Fingerhut $1200 my first credit. Discover it 4.5k, Paypal extras 7.8k, Barclays 2.2k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 25k, Amazon 6.5k Cap1 Q.S 4k, Venture 10k, Voice 10k, Chase freedom 2k Slate 3.5k, 5th 3rd 10k, overstock2.9k, Kingsize 1k. Nasa 20k, NFCU 14k, loc 10k, BBVA 14k, Amex ED 10k, income 76k (I put them in order of receiving them)
Message 12 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@sobeone1 wrote:

Thank you Dr. Zoibergh. yes I will drop Credit One buttttttt I already paid for the year so I will wait a few months and write them to ask if they will lower apr & raise c.l and waive next years $95 fee other wise yes I will cancel but from what I have learned on here is u should never cancel a credit card. But it will be on my tearms so u r right. clip clip as The Doctor would say

I doubt they'll do it. They aren't the best with customer service. I hope you understand people are just mentioning it to you because it's really predatory lending at best with Credit One. At least it served you a purpose. I would close it, but if there are no monthly fees then you should keep it open until the month before the annual fee and then close it. 

You only need 3 trade lines to have all of the tools you need to get a great score, so that's why it was brought up to ax the Credit1.

Congrats on your succcesses Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 14 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sobeone1 wrote:

I just cant believe it. I am almost 50 years old and have never had a credit card until now. I couldnt even get a score a month ago. Here is my story. Had a stident loan in default, tried applying for credit cards like Walmart and alway rejected. Well a month ago the student loan got forgiven and like a week later I checked my credit score it was 680 to 716. So I applied for walmart and my banks credit card (pnc Bank) they both turned me down. My bank said because I have a bankruptcy on my cret. ( years old now.) Walmart I forget what they said. Then 3 days later Walmart sent me a pre approval so I went for it and got it, yea. $1k c.l. Only cost me 2 hard hits. Bummer. Then I got a pre approval from Credit One (not Capital One) The card that is supposed to be a scam. Well there not. I agreed to their rules and understood them. They reported almost imdediatly and only cost me $75 bucks. 300c.l limit. Paid $50 bucks then they raised it to $500. Then i did the Commenty bank trick. What most people dont get is that its Commety Bank that played the trick on us. Got O.S.P, Kingsize & bryanlayne. Only 250 c.l. Also got Fingerhut preapproval for $600 c.l. I paid credit one off $65 and paid walmart off, $35. Then I waited. I wanted to wait till atleast 1 credit card reported that i paid but I got anchious, so within 3 weeks I did my studying on here and knew I shouldnt get anymore hard pulls and should wait atleast a year but I didnt. Approved Discoverit $3000, Lowes $3500, Barclays $1300 Paypal Mastercard $3000. You can now call me Farmer John for a year now. I just cant believe it. I went from no credit to this in really 3 weeks. I am able to take on this responsibility because I am at a very good place in my life and I will never charge more then 10% just to keep these cards reporting. I owe it to all of you and your wisdom on here and Creditcarma to helping me on my journey back. I am doing this all so 1 day I can have good enough credit to buy just a $30k home to flip. Thank you all and I will be carefull. I am responsible person now.

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.