Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex everyday approved!! (questions)

tag
crew99
Contributor

amex everyday approved!! (questions)

Thanks to all you guys here at the forum, I finally was just approved for the amex everyday card last night!!  Smiley Very Happy

I called to find out what my limit was and it was only 2,000.  

1.  Can you call to see if they will increase the starting limit? Or better just to wait for the 61 days CLI

2.  I applied for the SPG at the same time, and got the pending 4-5 day before processing.  Does that mean it already did another hard pull on my credit report?  or will it actually do the hard pull at the 4-5 day.  If i'm denied I know it's usually a soft pull if you already have a card, but since I just got the everyday would that be different?

3.  Is it actually better to cancel the spg app and wait a while to build up my credit with amex and then apply for maybe a much bigger starting CLI for SPG, or with the 61 day CLI it'll get there eventually anyway (right)?

sorry for all the questions, i'm just so happy I finally got in amex... now the choices start  Smiley Very Happy

thank you all!!

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: amex everyday approved!! (questions)

@crew99 wrote:

Thanks to all you guys here at the forum, I finally was just approved for the amex everyday card last night!!  Smiley Very Happy

1.  Can you call to see if they will increase the starting limit? Or better just to wait for the 61 days CLI You can but it'll probably be another HP so I'd just wait to do the 61 day cli.

2.  I applied for the SPG at the same time, and got the pending 4-5 day before processing.  Does that mean it already did another hard pull on my credit report?  or will it actually do the hard pull at the 4-5 day.  If i'm denied I know it's usually a soft pull if you already have a card, but since I just got the everyday would that be different? The HP is probably already done. Not sure if the SP/HP rule will apply in your case since you apped for both at the same time. 

3.  Is it actually better to cancel the spg app and wait a while to build up my credit with amex and then apply for maybe a much bigger starting CLI for SPG, or with the 61 day CLI it'll get there eventually anyway (right)? Canceling won't make a difference. I'd just wait to hear back about the SPG and go from there with the 61 day cli. 

sorry for all the questions, i'm just so happy I finally got in amex... now the choices start  Smiley Very Happy

thank you all!!

Congrats.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new card!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@crew99 wrote:

1.  Can you call to see if they will increase the starting limit? Or better just to wait for the 61 days CLI You can but it'll probably be another HP so I'd just wait to do the 61 day cli.

2.  I applied for the SPG at the same time, and got the pending 4-5 day before processing.  Does that mean it already did another hard pull on my credit report?  or will it actually do the hard pull at the 4-5 day.  If i'm denied I know it's usually a soft pull if you already have a card, but since I just got the everyday would that be different? The HP is probably already done. Not sure if the SP/HP rule will apply in your case since you apped for both at the same time. 

3.  Is it actually better to cancel the spg app and wait a while to build up my credit with amex and then apply for maybe a much bigger starting CLI for SPG, or with the 61 day CLI it'll get there eventually anyway (right)? Canceling won't make a difference. I'd just wait to hear back about the SPG and go from there with the 61 day cli. 

thank you all!!

Congrats.

Congrats on your approval!! 

Since you've app'ed 2 revolvers at the same time, it'll most likely result in 2HPs regardless of if approved or denied, YMMV.  The 1HP for 2 cards apply to 1revolver + 1 charge cards.  I would wait it out for the 61day 3xCLI, it'll go by fast!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approval OP Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Everyday approval and good luck on the SPG app!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 17
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 17
crew99
Contributor

Thanks parakleet and everyone!  Even though it's only 2,000 limit I'm still super excited to be back in amex (although with CS my score was showing 773 so I was bummed with the limit at first).   Do I do the backdating after the card arrives?  How do I know if it actually backdated?

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.