cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex everyday approved!! (questions)

tag
crew99
Contributor

Re: amex everyday approved!! (questions)

So I just received an email saying my SPG was approved!  *happy dance*

just by coincidence, my everyday card arrived via snail mail today.  And it shows member since 14.  My first amex card was back in 00 I believe.

Since It's my first time backdating I just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly....  Do I call now and have them send me a new card with the old MSD? Is that all I have to tell them "backdate"?  Or wait until the new card trendline hit my credit report and then call them to change it?

thank you guys!!!

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@crew99 wrote:

just by coincidence, my everyday card arrived via snail mail today.  And it shows member since 14.  My first amex card was back in 00 I believe.

Since It's my first time backdating I just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly....  Do I call now and have them send me a new card with the old MSD? Is that all I have to tell them "backdate"?  Or wait until the new card trendline hit my credit report and then call them to change it?

thank you guys!!!

Call them and let them know your MSD is incorrect.  They'll send you a new card - there is a 10 day period that they impose before issuing replacement cards. 

Message 12 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Smiley Happy I would say update my member since date -- not backdate. Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 17
crew99
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@crew99 wrote:

thank you guys!!!

Call them and let them know your MSD is incorrect.  They'll send you a new card - there is a 10 day period that they impose before issuing replacement cards. 

So should I just called in 10 days since they can't issue the new card regardless?

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 15 of 17
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Register your new card online and open up the chat box and request  change  of MSD . no need to wait 10 days

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 16 of 17
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Just wondering since Amex made some changes to their sign up bonuses will you get on for each card?  SInce they are to different reward structures I would assume so.  Did you ask by chance?

Congrats on both your approvals

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.