Contributor

Re: amex everyday approved!! (questions)

So I just received an email saying my SPG was approved!  *happy dance*

just by coincidence, my everyday card arrived via snail mail today.  And it shows member since 14.  My first amex card was back in 00 I believe.

Since It's my first time backdating I just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly....  Do I call now and have them send me a new card with the old MSD? Is that all I have to tell them "backdate"?  Or wait until the new card trendline hit my credit report and then call them to change it?

thank you guys!!!

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

crew99 wrote:

just by coincidence, my everyday card arrived via snail mail today.  And it shows member since 14.  My first amex card was back in 00 I believe.

Since It's my first time backdating I just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly....  Do I call now and have them send me a new card with the old MSD? Is that all I have to tell them "backdate"?  Or wait until the new card trendline hit my credit report and then call them to change it?

thank you guys!!!

Call them and let them know your MSD is incorrect.  They'll send you a new card - there is a 10 day period that they impose before issuing replacement cards. 

Congrats! Smiley Happy I would say update my member since date -- not backdate. Smiley Wink
Contributor

09Lexie wrote:

crew99 wrote:

thank you guys!!!

Call them and let them know your MSD is incorrect.  They'll send you a new card - there is a 10 day period that they impose before issuing replacement cards. 

So should I just called in 10 days since they can't issue the new card regardless?

Starting Score: CK 658 12/4/12 | CS 658 12/4/12 | myFico(EQ) 696 12/1/12
Current Score: CK 725 12/1/14 | CS 775 12/1/14 | myFico(EQ) 753 12/2/14
Goal Score: 800 Dare I Dream??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 798
Current Score: EX 825 TU 838 EQ 835 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor

Register your new card online and open up the chat box and request  change  of MSD . no need to wait 10 days

Ex 733 AUG 14 / 807 NOV 14
TU 734 OCT !4
EQ 716 AUG 14
CITI ADVANTAGE $16,200 10/14
AMEX EVERY DAY $22,000 8/14
AMEX PRG NPSL 6/14
TOTAL RWRDS $690012/13
CITI DIAMOND AU $7900 8/13
CHASE FREE AU $2000 6/13
JCREW $3900 4/13
ANN TAYLOR $1750 4/13
CAP1 $750 3/12
Valued Contributor

Just wondering since Amex made some changes to their sign up bonuses will you get on for each card?  SInce they are to different reward structures I would assume so.  Did you ask by chance?

Congrats on both your approvals

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.