Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app spree results!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

app spree results!!

I noticed I posted this on the wrong category lol.

- - -

I recently just applied for a few credit cards and got good (somewhat) results.

approved:
Amazon Store Card - $900
Target Store Credit Card - $800
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students - $900
Discover It Chrome for Students - $1000
Capital One QuickSilverOne - $500
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $500

denied:
Walmart Store Credit Card
Capital One Journey for Students

4-7 days:
Chase Freedom Unlimited

I was starting to think I applied for way too many credit cards at the same time, but it is one of my new year's resolution to take better care of my finances and to let my credit score grow as time goes through. Now, I will go to the garden for 1-2 years.
Any opinions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: app spree results!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I noticed I posted this on the wrong category lol.

- - -

I recently just applied for a few credit cards and got good (somewhat) results.

approved:
Amazon Store Card - $900 - Are you a Prime member?  This card is really only worthwhile if you have Prime membership.
Target Store Credit Card - $800 - I'm not sold on this as a good card.  As I understand, this card does not grow, better to have a Red Debit card, same benefits, no pull/new account.
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students - $900 - Huge fan of BoA cards!  Congrats, it's a nice card, especially paired with you BCE.
Discover It Chrome for Students - $1000 - Not a huge fan of this card.  IMO the IT for students or the Citi Costco/Chase AARP (for restaurants category) would be better.
Capital One QuickSilverOne - $500 - Treat C1 well (pay on time) and you'll be rewarded!  Try to get this PC to a QS card in a year, or ask for a permanent AF removal.  Call and ask them about Credit Steps.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $500 - Excellent card!  Make sure to ask for a 3x CLI in 3 months!

denied:
Walmart Store Credit Card - Not missing much.
Capital One Journey for Students - I probably would have gone either this or the QS1 with Capital One, not both.

4-7 days:
Chase Freedom Unlimited - A bit redundant with the QS1 on this list.  Call to recon, if you're approved, keep this and get rid of the QS1 when the AF is about to hit.

I was starting to think I applied for way too many credit cards at the same time, but it is one of my new year's resolution to take better care of my finances and to let my credit score grow as time goes through. Now, I will go to the garden for 1-2 years.
Any opinions?

Congratulations on your approvials!  To me, it looks like you're a bit scattered with your applications.  What are you trying to accomplish with these cards?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: app spree results!!

Congrats! !!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.