Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank of america CLI to 10,000 from 2500

tag
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

bank of america CLI to 10,000 from 2500

Hello

My credit limit increased to 10,000 from 2500 on cash rewards card. i did it online. but i didn't get any increase in limit and was declined.. i didn't followed abt it.  After 10 days today i got a letter stating limit increased to 10,000.  i went online...Yes it was there.....

I have one question can you pls help. My bank of america card was showing as felxible spending credit card on transunion and fico equifax. It was not showing any credit limit. It was not flexible spending card... it is having limit....to correct this what steps to follows.

When i submitted the increase...my score was  FICO TR 714, fico EQ 703. In last 5  months no enquires... from march 15 2012 to oct 2012  , 12 inquiries... because auto loan, some credit limits increased on my cards.

my utilization on this particular card is 0 since last 3 statements. Total UT  is 14,000  out of 46000 when i applied for CL.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: bank of america CLI to 10,000 from 2500

AWESOME!!! and Big Congrats!!! BofA has been very generous to me despite my past baddies. Cannot wait to request another CLI with them six months from now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Thank you rewards is citi, so im a little confused.

Is your card a visa siggy/world mc after this cli? Boa doesnt report limits on siggys afaik.
Message 3 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! BofA might have upgraded your account into Visa Signature. You might get new account number.

Ron.

Message 4 of 22
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Yes it was cash rewards... Sorry ..for that.   It was cash rewards visa signature.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 22
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

My card was cash rewards visa signature. In the letter they didn't mention abt any upgrade.  Only mentioned abt credi limit increase.  

Thanks.

Message 7 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If you want the limit to report, you can ask them to downgrade you to a visa platinum.
Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

Congrats!!!! BofA might have upgraded your account into Visa Signature. You might get new account number.

Ron.

+1

If your account qualified as a Visa Signature product during the CLI, then the CL will not report on the bureaus.  As mentioned by Ron1, you will get a new account number as part of the product upgrade.  Once you get the new card, you can request an EMV chip-enabled replacement if you plan on using it abroad.

Message 9 of 22
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

The card was not upgraded. My card from the beginning was Cash rewards visa signature.Intial limit when i applied the card  was 5000, but asked them to downgrade the limit to 2500 and that remaining 2500 was posted to another bank of america card .  They didn't change any account number. same number.

Can you please tell me abt upgrading emv  chip? whats that.?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.