Reply
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

barclay Apple cli

my 13th statement closed today so i decided to ask for a cli. i asked for 5k from 2.3k and was instantly countered with 3860 lol random number. can i recon this cli? i want at least 4.5k because im thinking about buying the new imac 27".

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: barclay Apple cli

i called the number in the back of my card asking for a recon on cli. and he said the only way to do it its through a HP. i dont know if that means this cli was done with a SP. i checked my reports and theres no HP from them and its been an hour. anyone else got any other number to call?

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: barclay Apple cli

Why don't you call the backdoor number to the u/w?  They are posted in the sticky's.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor
bichonmom
Posts: 3,318
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: barclay Apple cli


jsickz32 wrote:

my 13th statement closed today so i decided to ask for a cli. i asked for 5k from 2.3k and was instantly countered with 3860 lol random number. can i recon this cli? i want at least 4.5k because im thinking about buying the new imac 27".


They do have regular CS that can offer a small CLI, sometimes, if its already available on your acct. in their computer. I think they base this on softs and your history. It sounds like maybe that's what they offered you. Call the backdoor sticky and ask for CLI. They should be able to tell you if they did a HP earlier and why that CLI was lower. The inq should be on your CR right away, but people have posted about a delay, especially with TU. so, I wouldn't assume there was no HP at this point. Also, if they did a HP, they should be able to recon the CLI without a second HP.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: barclay Apple cli


bichonmom wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:

my 13th statement closed today so i decided to ask for a cli. i asked for 5k from 2.3k and was instantly countered with 3860 lol random number. can i recon this cli? i want at least 4.5k because im thinking about buying the new imac 27".


They do have regular CS that can offer a small CLI, sometimes, if its already available on your acct. in their computer. I think they base this on softs and your history. It sounds like maybe that's what they offered you. Call the backdoor sticky and ask for CLI. They should be able to tell you if they did a HP earlier and why that CLI was lower. The inq should be on your CR right away, but people have posted about a delay, especially with TU. so, I wouldn't assume there was no HP at this point. Also, if they did a HP, they should be able to recon the CLI without a second HP.

 


i just checked again and no HP. i call the number in the sticky and they closed at 5! im gonna have to wait until monday to call. 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Senior Contributor
bichonmom
Posts: 3,318
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: barclay Apple cli

Well, the good thing is that if there was no HP, then the likelihood is that you'll get a good CLI when you call backdoor number. When you ask for CLI, keep in mind your util buffer over the Mac book $. Also, you can always ask for more and they can counter, so don't go overboard, but don't be shy either. I had $2200 apple in nov last yr. I was hoping for auto-CLI at  6 mos, but found out they don't do that until a year, if at all. So, I took the HP and asked for $10k. Was shocked when she approved me, no questions asked. I asked for that thinking they might counter to $5k. So, it's always better to ask for a little more. 

 

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: barclay Apple cli


bichonmom wrote:

Well, the good thing is that if there was no HP, then the likelihood is that you'll get a good CLI when you call backdoor number. When you ask for CLI, keep in mind your util buffer over the Mac book $. Also, you can always ask for more and they can counter, so don't go overboard, but don't be shy either. I had $2200 apple in nov last yr. I was hoping for auto-CLI at  6 mos, but found out they don't do that until a year, if at all. So, I took the HP and asked for $10k. Was shocked when she approved me, no questions asked. I asked for that thinking they might counter to $5k. So, it's always better to ask for a little more. 

 

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

 


id be happy with $5k but ill ask them to match my NFCU at 10k. the imac is gonna cost me close to 3k with taxes so a bigger cl would help with utl. if im approved for more than 5k it would help with getting a CSP because it would become my oldest card with a 5k+ limit. Chase doesnt trust me with a CSP because my accounts with 5k+ are not a year old yet!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: barclay Apple cli

Update...so they did HP me and i called them just now to see if i could get it raised to 5k but no go due to too many new accounts open in the last 6 months :smileysad:

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Established Contributor
Smug
Posts: 961
Registered: ‎12-21-2010
0

Re: barclay Apple cli

They sometimes take a little bit longer for credit line increases it's not always at when you think it's going tohappen
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}