Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclaycard ring - stressful approval recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclaycard ring - stressful approval recon

I got denied the first time around sometime last year and decied to apped for the ring again, and got a 10 day message. thinking it was instant denial, but called the recon number and spoke to a nice lady. I asked about my app status. She would gladly helped me and we started a serise of security questions. basic address, my dob, where i worked etc etc. Then she started asking questions about my family, their DOBs, their full / last name before they got married, to which i didnt know (im so bad with those). All of my family members dob. I didnt know those either LOL. Put me on hold a couple times and transfering me to different lines to verify some more security questions. I thought she was going to instant deny me cause i couldnt answer them.

In the end i got approved for 5k SL Smiley Very Happy. Geeze that was the longest 20min recon app ive done to date. But im in ! Smiley Very Happy

TU was pulled and score was 772 with 15 inqs. Recently got approved for citi thankyou a couple days ago. 2-2 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: barclaycard ring - stressful approval recon

Thanks for those (familar) details on Barclays and Congrats! on pulling in the new approval like you did.

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting your new security clearance from Sir BarclaysSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! the kind lady asked asked about what cards i have. but didnt really go into detail like utl. I Was worried that she might ask why do i have so many accounts open, (9 accounts + 1 recently).

Message 4 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

LOL I have 29 open atm.

<whistles softly>

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

EEK! Gads ... who would know all the answers to those questions? I Sure wouldn't and not likely to ever know. DOB, maiden names ... give me a break!!! Grats on kicking the door in on your "hair raising recon" Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.