Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boa cli!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: boa cli!

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

So my CLI button finally appeared on my BoA card online... Does anyone know what that typically means? Am I prequalified for an increase of some sort? it wasn't there yesterday..

That means you can now request a credit limit increase online, as opposed to having to call in.

Message 21 of 24
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I can't wait to get my new BoA card.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 22 of 24
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

I know that.. but I mean, it wasn't there last week.. so what does it appearing mean? Does it mean I'm in the system for having a CLI available to me? Why was it not there last week but there this week?

Message 23 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

I know that.. but I mean, it wasn't there last week.. so what does it appearing mean? Does it mean I'm in the system for having a CLI available to me? Why was it not there last week but there this week?

Typically a bank allows you to request a credit limit increase online when you have passed the card history criterion; otherwise you'd have to call in to talk to a credit analyst who processes requests on a case to case basis. Once you've passed this criterion the system will be able to calculate an appropriate credit limit increase using a set algorithm. Because now you have sufficient history with the card, you should have a better chance of being approved but the result is not guaranteed, AFAIK. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.