Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase auto increase experience

tag
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Re: chase auto increase experience

I actually just received an automatic credit limit increase for my Chase Freedom card from 1,500 to 1,800. I did not get any notification -- I keep track of all of my credit limits so I know when (and how much) they change by. 

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

A lot of the automated increases reporting from Chase seem to be from people who have very low limits (below 2000). There have been people on here reporting an increase with a limit over 10000, but that seems more rare. A person claiming to be a Chase credit analyst on Fatwallet claimed that Chase's system looks at every account every six months and will give an increase if everything is good. I have never received an automated increase.

I've also noticed increases on lower limits, which is why I aimed it towards the lower starter limits they gave some of us. I'm hoping they wont stick me with this low limit very long. I understand the need to start me out that way, but with me adding them to my banking relationship, pif multiple times per month using over 1k every month on a consistent basis, im hoping that helps. My score hasnt moved much since getting the card, but my usage has been just fine with the.m

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 12 of 25
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

A lot of the automated increases reporting from Chase seem to be from people who have very low limits (below 2000). There have been people on here reporting an increase with a limit over 10000, but that seems more rare. A person claiming to be a Chase credit analyst on Fatwallet claimed that Chase's system looks at every account every six months and will give an increase if everything is good. I have never received an automated increase.

Same here, I got my Chase Amazon in 2004, and it is still at its original CL (23.5K).   I'm not sure I ever got an auto-CLI from ANY issuer with a card over 15K.

Message 13 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Same here, I got my Chase Amazon in 2004, and it is still at its original CL (23.5K).   I'm not sure I ever got an auto-CLI from ANY issuer with a card over 15K.

heck if I was getting that kind of limit I wouldnt need an increase haha

$500 limit has been my highest limit and Ive had my charter one card for a year now, still no CLI on it, so Im hoping chase shows me some love so I can stop using charter one until they decide im worthy Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 14 of 25
colindidit
Established Contributor

Ahh this thread is making me want a credit increase from chase...must...resist Smiley Tongue...haven't gottencan auto CLI yet maybe once my debt gets paid off yell give me it

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 15 of 25
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I just logged in and noticed my JP Morgan Select got bumped, so I just moved that over to my CSP and left the $5k min on the Select. This was an auto which is unusual because I rarely use the Select.

Message 16 of 25
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I have a Chase Freedom and CSP opened in June/July 2012. The Freedom had a 8k limit when opened. I got an Auto CLI in November to 10.2k. I used the card regularly, and had a 1k bal from a 0% BT on the card at the time of the CLI. No increase so far on the CSP (15.7k limit).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 25
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It happens at higher CLs too. I got an auto-CLI from 18k to 25k on my United card after only 3 months. I run about 10k per month through that, so I'm sure usage played a part.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It happens at higher CLs too. I got an auto-CLI from 18k to 25k on my United card after only 3 months. I run about 10k per month through that, so I'm sure usage played a part.

Im trying to put as much through it as possible to show them that I need the increase and spend to match it. Not much, 1k would be fine for now. I just pif last friday then charged $486 to it, had to wait three business days before I could make another payment, then pif, followed by $450 in charges that Im waiting again until thursday to pif and start the vicious cycle all over again lol

Im hoping when they see this in March it would make sense that I can handle the CLI and not only that, but It would really make things a lot easier for me.

Message 19 of 25
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I'm using my Freedom heavily and pif before the statement cuts but still no auto cli.

I took a hp on Nov, and raised it's limit by 2k. 

I'm hoping my heavy usage and pif on time helps me get the CSP in the future if i happen to recon for it if i'm not instantly approved. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.