Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom unlimited 700$ cl should i recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase freedom unlimited 700$ cl should i recon

i apped for the chase freedom unlimited after credit karma recommended it because i needed the 150$ bonus and ill meet the spending to get it.  i was approved for 700$.   it would be nice if i could get a little more say 1500.  i plan to do some big spending for lead gen for some self employment endeavors.  think every door direct mail and the such.  does chase do recons on approvals and where should i call if they do.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: chase freedom unlimited 700$ cl should i recon

If I remember correctly any recons with Chase will require another HP.   So while a recon is possible you'll probably take a second hit for it.  Good luck if you do decide to recon for a higher limit.

Not sure about the best number but it should be listed under the sticky for Backdoor Numbers.

Congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're going to have to just do weekly payments on that sucker for a while. figure out why your scores <700. get them to 7..afterwards,  any of the Chase card to apply for will give you a great limit that you can movearound-- one thing Chase is really good with.  Make sure you only have three or four cards in the last two years if you do that,  else hp for cli. The same goes for a business credit card but then again if you're going to do that I will look into the Capital One or the American Express

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ill wait 6 months for the cli on the chase card if its a hp.  my AAoA is 2 years and im expecting it to drop my score once my chase card reports.  ill just pay it off every few days.  i dont want another hard pull bringing down my credit score another 4-10 points.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Can't blame you for waiting. Maybe it will work out at that time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.