cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover it cash back card 7-10 day message!!

tag
jayy_sc
New Contributor

discover it cash back card 7-10 day message!!

I apped for the college student version of the discover card which gives 1% back in all purchases. I got a message saying to wait 7-10 days for further review. Is this an inclination of a decline from discover? Also what credit scores do they usually approve for and how are they with credit limits and cli's?
Thanks everyone!

THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!
On the road to a positive rebuld!!!!

Current scores:
TU:532
EQ: 578
EX: 547
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: discover it cash back card 7-10 day message!!

I think you should call them as soon as possible to find out what's going on.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

I think you should call them as soon as possible to find out what's going on.

Correct make the call and good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them and see what they say.

They gave me the lowest limit. I hear they're stingy with limits but sometimes it's the luck of the draw.
Message 4 of 14
jayy_sc
New Contributor

Just got off the phone with them and was told they need verification of me actually being a college student. This is a first since for my other college cards i've never been asked for school verification.

Current scores:
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student cards typically are more lenient, I'm assuming discover wants to make sure you're a student before giving you a line of credit.

Message 6 of 14
jayy_sc
New Contributor

Could be. I just sent them a screenshot of my enrollment so fingers crossed now to hope they approve me!

Current scores:
Message 7 of 14
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@jayy_sc wrote:
Could be. I just sent them a screenshot of my enrollment so fingers crossed now to hope they approve me!

Good luck!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to call in right the way to see what's going on. 

Message 9 of 14
jayy_sc
New Contributor

i called in this morning and the csr told me i got approved! Gave me a cl of $500. But said this card includes 1% cash back on all purchases which is a nice bonus Smiley Happy. Anybody know how discover is with cli's?

Current scores:
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.