Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got my US Bank card today!!

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

got my US Bank card today!!

yep, its secured, but WOW!! So happy to have another bank card and fntastic tradeline!! This place is the bomb!! Love all myfico friends!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got my US Bank card today!!

Congrats !!!! I've got one in my wallet too. I applied for USB, Wells Fargo, and USAA secured cards in Feb with mid 500 number's. My TU & EQ have grown to just over 700 while my EX flew to 790 in just those few short month's. I started a mini-app spree last week and have since landed AMEX PRG, SDFCU 15K CL, WF Propel AMEX 2500.CL, Cap One QS 5K CL. But was declined last month for DISC, Barclays, and BOA. I was really happy to see Wells Fargo give me the Propel after just 4 month's with their secured card. Both WF and USB can be tough to get in with sometimes.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your new card.  i was thinking about usbank secured card if im correct all secured cards are soft pulls right?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 11
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Your progress is amazing drewg350.....I can only hope!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky duck! I had a secured Visa with US Bank, but had it closed during a rough time. Now that things are on the mend, US Bank won't approve me for another secured Visa. Hilariously enough, on the same day they sent my denial letter for the one, I got a "pre-approval" application letter for an unsecured one from US Bank. You think they are yanking my chain? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on your new card.  i was thinking about usbank secured card if im correct all secured cards are soft pulls right?

This is not correct (at least for me when I had the US Bank secured it was a HP).

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had HP for both my secured US Bank & Wells Fargo. I think all the big banks pull even for secured cards, as they will turn you down if you have a recent BK. Credit Unions generally don't HP for their secured products, but they also do not graduate either. You usually need to app for an unsecured product later and they'll do an HP than. So your going to get HP's eventually.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats !

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.