Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i may have my first $20k card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i may have my first $20k card?

i went to do a CLI on my NFCU platinum (was flagshipRewards before i PC'd it) and i requested $15k (based on my CLI today on my cashRewards from $10,000 to $12,500)

i didn't expect any increase at all since i haven't used it once since i got it in november 2015. i could have sworn the auto counter came back to $12,500 to match the cashRewards but i logged into my NFCU account and noticed it said the CL on that card was $21,500... i did a double take and now idk how that happened because i only requested $15k. anyone else have that happen?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: i may have my first $20k card?

That's be a sweet increase.  Hoping that it's all good for you!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Xterror---that would be really cool.   I only have one NFCU card at the moment and it started at 25k.   Still my highest single card.

Message 3 of 19
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI.... I'm not there yet still another $5000 but I love hearing about others getting it!!!!

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 19
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Wild guess but could it maybe be something like you thought you were entering how much you wanted total, but they were actually asking how much more you wanted. So like if you were at $6,500 and asked for $15,000 (more without realizing it) that would come to $21,500

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

Congrats!

Wild guess but could it maybe be something like you thought you were entering how much you wanted total, but they were actually asking how much more you wanted. So like if you were at $6,500 and asked for $15,000 (more without realizing it) that would come to $21,500

Nope thats not how they do it. You enter in the total credit limit you want. 

Message 6 of 19
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Yay u!  I haven't broken the 10k plane yet...but I'm in no race. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah when i entered in $15k that's what you choose your credit limit to be... so idk where this $21k came from lol
Message 8 of 19
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Congrats, a pleasant way to start the day!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. just sucks it's a card i don't use lol
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.