cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

tag
cck5
Established Member

just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

was just approved for the bce for $2000 after being denied 2 months ago

would it make sense to try for a chase chard now again also?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

@cck5 wrote:

was just approved for the bce for $2000 after being denied 2 months ago

would it make sense to try for a chase chard now again also?

I'd say it depends on why Chase declined. IME, Chase is more conservative than Amex and has given me substantially lower CLs than Amex, and they wouldn't budge on recons, either.

If your circumstances/reasons for denial have changed, then you could reapply. But if not, it seems like you'll be wasting an inq. It might be better to get more history on your CR and app in 6 to 12 mos.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 30
cck5
Established Member

they denied me for not having enough history. which at th...

they denied me for not having enough history. which at the time was only about 1 card and 1 month of credit cards

i curently have 4 cards though only two have reported. and its been 3 months now, i still have student loans for 7 years, and much better scores now sitting on the low to mid 700's

Message 3 of 30
cck5
Established Member

Re: they denied me for not having enough history. which at th...

the inuqiry wouldnt bother me as this is the last card i want in my arsenal and i will be in the garden for a long time if denied or approved.

Message 4 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: they denied me for not having enough history. which at th...

3 months history is not going to be enough for Chase.  Typically, they want to see 12 months.

Message 5 of 30
cck5
Established Member

credit card

3 months credit card history

student loans are 7 years.

and ive seen people approved for freedom on their first card or with much lower scores.

Message 6 of 30
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on approval and welcome to the AmeX family  Wooo

I apped both of these cards back to back when I got them,but I didn't have any previous declines from them

My scores were mid to low 7's when I apped I also did Amex first then Chase( who does 2 HP's at least for mine they have) I had 1 inquiry per CRA prior to that.

My freedom CL was lower than the BCE and still remains so

as for Chase right now I will let the experts weight in on that

Congrats again !!!!!

Message 7 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 30
chwebb1
Established Contributor

If you want a Chase card, go for it. But I honestly don't see what the big deal is with them. I feel like Discover, American Express, and Citi have better customer service. And  both Amex and Citi were much more generous with their CL than was Chase. If I'd known that they would only approve me for $1200 at 23% interest, which is at least 6% higher than my other lenders, I would have never applied. If you want another card, I'd honestly tell you to try for the Citi Dividend Preferred. They roughly matched my Amex CL, and they also matched the interest rate.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 9 of 30
cck5
Established Member

so theres absolutely 0% chance i could get lucky here.?

so theres absolutely 0% chance i could get lucky here.?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.