cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: so theres absolutely 0% chance i could get lucky here.?

I think you have a chance - especially if your scores are in the low to mid 700s. Even if you get denied, Chase is always good with recon so there's that. Good luck! 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 11 of 30
cck5
Established Member

im gonna need a recon script, just in case.   some one wa...

im gonna need a recon script, just in case.

some one wanna provide me with that?

Message 12 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't app for chase right now. I would wait till after the Amex 61 day cli reports. Here is my reasoning. Chase is generous with initial CLs, but their cli policy is not credit score friendly as all clis are HP. So if you applied today and was successful, you would be lucky to get 1k or 1.5k cl given what is reporting to your credit report. However if you wait the 2-3 months for Amex 61 day cli to go through (hopefully) and report then you would show a 6k Amex card and have longer history of credit card use. At that point, chase giving you a cl of 5k to 7.5k or even higher is entirely possible if not likely. Of course you will need to really sculpt your reported utilization between now and then to maximize your credit profile but it will be worth it.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw, if you do get chase in the 3ish month period, I would wait for chase to report. Then I could call capital one EO and ask for cli of 7.5k and likely get 5k and PC to quicksilver or quicksilver like rewards. This will all be done via soft pull. Once capital one reports new cl, I would call discover and ask for cli to 7.5k and get maybe 5k again. So in 5-6 months, you could have Amex at 6k, chase at 5-10k, cap one at 5ishK, and discover at 5ishK. Then you could garden in peace with entirely new credit profile.
Message 14 of 30
cck5
Established Member

received dreaded 30 day message, anyone wanna provide me...

received dreaded 30 day message, anyone wanna provide me with recon script as i feel like its gonna be a denial

Message 15 of 30
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Re: just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

NO

Here's why......

1. Any additional inquiries with a file as thin as yours will likely prevent you from receiving you 61day 3x CLI with AMEX.

2. If /when you receive that 3x CLI and allow the new CL to report you can initiate the Chase app with greater chances of a higher limit.

3. AMEX likes to see some USAGE. Juggling 2 cards is not the move with new accounts, make it your primary card until you see an increase.

Good luck, 61 days isn't far....

Which Chase are you going for?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 16 of 30
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: im gonna need a recon script, just in case. some one wa...

There is no magic script - you're just going to ask them to reconsider your denial/CL etc. You can explain changes on your CR and maybe talk about your recent approval.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 17 of 30
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Re: received dreaded 30 day message, anyone wanna provide me...

@cck5 wrote:

received dreaded 30 day message, anyone wanna provide me with recon script as i feel like its gonna be a denial

shoot.... I was a little slow with the advice. Which Chase card did you app for?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 18 of 30
cck5
Established Member

Re: received dreaded 30 day message, anyone wanna provide me...

freedom.

Message 19 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: im gonna need a recon script, just in case. some one wa...

Problem is none it will show up on credit report. And if you talk about changes to your cr, don't be surprised if analyst pulls another cr which won't show new Amex card which will have to make the analyst decide if you are telling truth with no evidence. I think it was mistake to app for chase again.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.