cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

tag
cck5
Established Member

well whats done is done, if denied ill garden for a year....

well whats done is done, if denied ill garden for a year. and as i have no plans for additional cards, loans, mortages it wont hurt.

whats the number to find out if denied?

Message 21 of 30
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: well whats done is done, if denied ill garden for a year....

It's on the backdoor numbers sticky. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 22 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

The harm is that you have put your Amex 3x cli in jeopardy. Hopefully it will be fine, but I would really be sculpting my reported utilization for next 90 days or so. Take a look at my plan and hopefully follow it.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 23 of 30
cck5
Established Member

will do crashem. and automated service says under review...

will do crashem.

and automated service says under review

recon office is closed. so ill have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

and i may hold off on the AMEX increase, as i dont think i really have the income to justify a 6000 limit. 2000 was already way more than i bargained for.

Message 24 of 30
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I hope recon works for you. Next time, when in doubt, wait at least 24 hours to pull the trigger that way all the Myficoers have an opurtunity to chime in. Even just waiting until the new AMEX reported would have made all the difference in the world. Chase only got an oppurtunity to see the inquiry from AMEX, not the new account with the decent limit. Patience is a virtue, no more HP's until 61day CLI from AMEX.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 25 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I hope it works out with the recon, but you were given pretty clear advice that Chase wants more than 3 months history.  I would just tell Chase you are interested in establishing a long term relationship with them, and plan to use the card to pay all of your recurring everyday expenses, and then paying completely in full.

Message 26 of 30
cck5
Established Member

i

technically speaking i wasnt denied

but i see everyone is a pessimist tonight =(

Message 27 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: just approved for bce, should i try chase again?

I don't believe anyone was being pessimistic. Under review is not necessarily a denial.

Message 28 of 30
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: i

It's not the end of the world people. Good luck on your recon OP - even if it doesn't work out, garden for 6-12 mos and you'll be fine.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 29 of 30
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: they denied me for not having enough history. which at th...

@cck5 wrote:

they denied me for not having enough history. which at the time was only about 1 card and 1 month of credit cards

i curently have 4 cards though only two have reported. and its been 3 months now, i still have student loans for 7 years, and much better scores now sitting on the low to mid 700's

I know 3 mos seems like a long time when you're starting out, but in reality, it's not. (I remember people on the forum telling me to be patient, which was the hardest thing for me to do._ Most CCs want to see at least  6 to12 months of credit history. I believe Chase wants at least a year, if memory serves. 

IME, Chase hasn't changed their decision on a recon. I got approved for Freedom and Slate, 1 year apart, but both with small limits, compared to my other CCs. They are my least favorite CC, with the exception of Cap One, which I closed. It seems as others here have gotten somewhat decent CLs with them, but they haven't been so generous with me. Amex gave me $15k BCP and Chase Slate was only $5k and wouldn't budge.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect much on recon with them. And as others have said, if they do approve you, I'd expect a really low CL. Even though you've already taken the HP, it might be better to do as others have said, and wait another 3 mos to app. That way, you'll have a 3x CLI W/Amex (Hopefully) and over 6 mos credit history. (But do wait for Amex CLI to show on your CR before apping.)

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.