Did you mean: 

lowes

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: lowes

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 24
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

I recently applied online and was approved at $1,000. I instantly called and asked for a credit limit increase so I could redo my bathroom. Asked for $5,000 and they instantly approved the limit increase and it was available immediately. This was about 15 minutes after approval, so you can def call now and ask for increase.

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 12 of 24
mrlh1980
Contributor

@cflowers0115 wrote:

I recently applied online and was approved at $1,000. I instantly called and asked for a credit limit increase so I could redo my bathroom. Asked for $5,000 and they instantly approved the limit increase and it was available immediately. This was about 15 minutes after approval, so you can def call now and ask for increase.

Don't bother. Use the card and make a payment then use call the credit solution next month. Allow a payment to be seen on the account. I know you felt like "I should have asked for more since I was approved for 5,000.00k."

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 13 of 24
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@juggalo9er wrote:

approved for $500 , applied in store as soon as i found out my home loan was funded. anyone know how quickly lowes can grow?

Mine started at $550 about 18 months ago.  It's at $8500 now.  So it can grow.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 24
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

My wife's lowes started at $2000 then went to $4000 then ended up at $10000 at way under a year.

I tried for a CLI two more times but they refuse to go any higher. 

I haven't tried in a couple years or longer.

I've been thinking about hitting the button again. But I don't know. It's still a soft pull right?

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 15 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@juggalo9er wrote:

approved for $500 , applied in store as soon as i found out my home loan was funded. anyone know how quickly lowes can grow?

Very quickly! Congrats!

Message 16 of 24
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i did not read the fine print.....apparently if your a veteran, you already can recieve 10% off at lowes....this renders the 5% for using the card obsolete

Message 17 of 24
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

I applied in store two weeks ago and instantly approved for $1,000. Immediately went shopping in the store and at checkout I asked the cashier to request a CLI and was approved for $6,000. The next day, feeling a bit greedy, I went back to the store and told them I wanted to purchase carpet and I'd like to finance it on the card but would like my CL to be higher if I were to do so. So they asked me how much I'd like and I told them $8,500 and was again instantly approved. It's been so easy so far that I've been considering going back again and asking for $15,000. If approved for that my utilization will be almost nothing. Should I go for it or not. Do I have anything to lose?

Message 18 of 24
mrlh1980
Contributor

@750orbust wrote:

I applied in store two weeks ago and instantly approved for $1,000. Immediately went shopping in the store and at checkout I asked the cashier to request a CLI and was approved for $6,000. The next day, feeling a bit greedy, I went back to the store and told them I wanted to purchase carpet and I'd like to finance it on the card but would like my CL to be higher if I were to do so. So they asked me how much I'd like and I told them $8,500 and was again instantly approved. It's been so easy so far that I've been considering going back again and asking for $15,000. If approved for that my utilization will be almost nothing. Should I go for it or not. Do I have anything to lose?

Hmm... you should try calling the credit solutions and ask them for 15,000.00$. Also, it's only a soft inquiry which you have nothing to worry about on your credit reports

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 19 of 24
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i did not read the fine print.....apparently if your a veteran, you already can recieve 10% off at lowes....this renders the 5% for using the card obsolete

but wouldn't 10% off, PLUS the special financing make it easier on your monthly budget? .. not quite obsolete IMHO.

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.