Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mini spree success... please read

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

mini spree success... please read

I have been on this forum for about a year and a half now, when i joined I had a 635 fico, I had 3 cards and no clue as to how to use credit, since then, I now have a 785 fico, 10 cards and top of the line TL's, I earned almost $2500 in rewards in the last year. also through this forum I learned how to raise my CL's and learned when and how to app for cards to get the best possible outcome. so thanks to all of you guys for the help.

well, I apped last week for my first business card, chase ink plus 50,000 ur bonus. got instantly approved for $8000. very happy.

today I decided to finally app for the CSP (I dont really need it but an extra 45,000 ur is hard to pass up on, well got instantly approved for my highest line...$21,000! I just got my 3xcli from amex last month to $21,000 so chase matched my highest line, so I guess high CL's do beget high CL's Smiley Happy then my last app for the year was after long thought between the citi DC or fidelity amex, since I needed a 2% card for normal spend, I decided to go with fidelity (I will get the arrival next year for the sign up bonus, I have to spend for the ink and csp so couldnt to another card that needed another $3000 spend at this time) well, got the 30 day screen, called in right away, CSR asked for my social, asked my name and address and said, congratulations, approved for $15,000!!! so just wanted to share, apply what is learned here and in the long run it will be worth it, apply smartly, not just random apps. its a marathon not a sprint. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: mini spree success... please read

Gongrats! Those are some serious limits! Myfico has taught me a lot too. Grateful for the knowledge. 

Message 2 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Surprised Wow that's more than a mini spree where I come from! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, nice limits, congrats

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You definitely learned very important info and put all that into strategic practice which in turn is yielded you POSITIVE RESULTS!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Very nice spree! Congrats on the limits!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I also learned alot from these forums.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Congrats.
Message 9 of 18
Dog-N-Pony_Show
Established Member

Cheers! Thanks for the insightful recount of your successes.

Don't be disappointed in the results you didn't get from the effort you didn't put out.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 12K~USAA World MC 9K~Lowes 17K~Chase Hyatt 6K~AMEX PRG NPSL (Backdated to 1989)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.