Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my app spree

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

my app spree

I've closed on my house and here are the results of my app spree (in no paticular order)

Chase Freedom 5k (Exprian)

Sears Citi 4k (Experian)

Home Depot 3k (Experian)

Discover IT 9.5k (Equifax)

Amex Blue 2.5k (Experian)

Amex Green

USAA Amex CLI (only 1k) (Equifax)

Barclays deny (Transunion) - EDIT recon approve, but 2.5k

CareCredit 4k

Amex Costco decline

OCCU 7-10 day (I don't know why i decided to app for this after saying I wasn't going to)

and finally Walmart Disc 300.00.

I also traded in my car in the midst of all this and opened a personal loan through USAA. 

I actually had no idea what I was doing which is prob bad but I have no need to open any new lines of credit for at least 2 years now.   I don't expect to use much of this (if any) due to the personal loan.  But interesting results nonetheless.

My question is, if i call the walmart peopple and tell them I don't want the card, will it still report? 

Is this considered a good result or did i go overboard?

Also interested in the Barclays TU decline as they were the only one to pull that report.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: my app spree

Wow, you've been busy!  Congrats on your new home and your new cards!!  10 out of 12 is awesome in my book! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 17
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Wow, you've been busy!  Congrats on your new home and your new cards!!  10 out of 12 is awesome in my book! 

thanks.  Any idea why I'd get a decline on my only TU pull?  is Barclays difficult?

Message 3 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your successful spree Smiley Happy

Yes the Walmart will still report even if you immediately close it, keep it and go for CLI's every 4 months. Its a good result but more than I like, I only do 2 every 6 months so my AAoA doesnt tank.

Message 4 of 17
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

ya my aaoa was already relatively low so I wasn't too worried about that. 

Message 5 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Whoa that's some spree!!! Congrats
Message 6 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@basballguy wrote:

I've closed on my house and here are the results of my app spree (in no paticular order)

Chase Freedom 5k (Exprian)

Sears Citi 4k (Experian)

Home Depot 3k (Experian)

Discover IT 9.5k (Equifax)

Amex Blue 2.5k (Experian)

Amex Green

USAA Amex CLI (only 1k) (Equifax)

Barclays deny (Transunion)

CareCredit 4k

Amex Costco decline

OCCU 7-10 day (I don't know why i decided to app for this after saying I wasn't going to)

and finally Walmart Disc 300.00.

I also traded in my car in the midst of all this and opened a personal loan through USAA. 

I actually had no idea what I was doing which is prob bad but I have no need to open any new lines of credit for at least 2 years now.   I don't expect to use much of this (if any) due to the personal loan.  But interesting results nonetheless.

My question is, if i call the walmart peopple and tell them I don't want the card, will it still report? 

Is this considered a good result or did i go overboard?

Also interested in the Barclays TU decline as they were the only one to pull that report.  Any ideas?

way to go on a succesful spree!!!! big congrats and dont close Walmart, it can grow fast.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 17
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

I ended up recon'ing the Barclays through the BD number and they approved it.  It looks like they gave me a check minus for a charge off'd auto loan from 2009 (paid).  They also frowned upon my aaoa being low. 

Message 8 of 17
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

way to go on a succesful spree!!!! big congrats and dont close Walmart, it can grow fast.

does the walmart auto CLI?

Message 9 of 17
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Congrats on a very successful spree!

Yes, Walmart usually auto CLI's every 4 months if you treat it right.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.