Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: planning my app spree

@burnednotice wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the CSP and Barclays lol.
I do mean the BCP and not the BCE as I plan to spend a lot on groceries.
Discover and quicksilver are feeling like great possibilities.
I initiated a request for CLI on Freedom through the Secure Message Center and they replied back asking for income and requested amount. Should I continue with this, or app for either CSP or the Amazon Chase visa?

If you're not concerned with inquiries, keep in mind that a request for CLI will be HP and whenever (and if) you apply for CSP or Amazon Visa it will be another HP.  IMO, why not just apply for either CSP or Amazon Visa (see which one will be of most value/benefit to you), and if approved, then you can allocate any extra CL to the Freedom....just a thought.

Message 12 of 32
burnednotice
Established Member

Yes I would be concerned about HP and don't want to waste any, hence my hesitance to app for CSP and Barclay Arrival. Anecdotal evidence on Barclay is all over the map, but generally seem to be inquiry sensitive.
I'm not really sure what to expect with the CSP other than they seem to want to see other tradelines with $3-5000+.

Starting Score: (USAA FAKO scores)
ex:579 eq:585 tu:603

Current Score: (7/2012) ex: 585 eq:663 tu:603
(8/2012) ex: 657 eq: 673 tu: 671

Goal Score: 850+

Message 13 of 32
lmashimaru
Valued Member

I think the Freedom CLI or Amazon card are your best bets right now. CSP may be mutiple factors that they use to consider, but it is also a started min of 5k. Freedom and Amazon are probably much easier to request a CLI or APP for at this point. That is until you have a higher score / bigger total CL.

You can also as previous poster has said try to move your Freedom CL to a CSP card.

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 14 of 32
Joebunaga
New Contributor

IMHO, after looking back at the miss-steps I made, I think I'd go with the BCP to start with. hope for a $2k TL that you can x3 in 61 days. Then you'd have a single TL over the $5k threshold. Then re-evaluate.1 HP and a two month wait might be worth it just to see what opens up afterwards.

If there was another useful option that would get you a $5k limit thats what I would shoot for, but I didn't see one in your list that struck me as a good bet . Getting past $5k opens doors.

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

FICO(Barclay1\22\15) TU: 798 | FICO EX: 780 | FICO EQ(2\12\15):808 | In the Garden from 5/8/14 until ???
UFCU Visa $5k | Cap1 QS $10K | Jetblue Amex $18K | CSP $6.5K | Amex Green (NPSL) | Chase Freedom $18k | Sallie Mae WMC $15.5k| BoA 1-2-3 Visa $7.5k | Amex Everyday $16k | Amex Fidelity $10k |
Message 15 of 32
lmashimaru
Valued Member

Whatever you do, Good Luck on your APP Spree!!! hopefully in 1 year i'd have rebuilt my credit enough to do one .

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 16 of 32
titanofold
Established Contributor

@burnednotice wrote:
Yes I would be concerned about HP and don't want to waste any, hence my hesitance to app for CSP and Barclay Arrival. Anecdotal evidence on Barclay is all over the map, but generally seem to be inquiry sensitive.
I'm not really sure what to expect with the CSP other than they seem to want to see other tradelines with $3-5000+.

All the postings I've seen where the applicant is otherwise perfect but denied the CSP is on the basis that they did not have a $5k limit on an existing account. I don't think CRs have a memory of CLs, so as soon as you get one TL above $5k you might be good to go.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 17 of 32
nitrov
Established Contributor

@burnednotice wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the CSP and Barclays lol.
I do mean the BCP and not the BCE as I plan to spend a lot on groceries.
Discover and quicksilver are feeling like great possibilities.
I initiated a request for CLI on Freedom through the Secure Message Center and they replied back asking for income and requested amount. Should I continue with this, or app for either CSP or the Amazon Chase visa?

I personally think you should wait on CSP or another Chase card. If you want to pursue the CLI on Chase, that's your call, but I agree that you're better served going with an Amex revolver and waiting on the CSP until you have a higher CL. I definitely think you should go for USAA still, not sure why that one isn't on your radar but you're almost guaranteed an awesome CL there based on the info you provided.

Discover will likely approve you, but keep in mind they are VERY conservative with CLs to people with existing low CLs. IMHO I would wait on Discover if you want high CLs and maybe do that in 6 months along with your CSP. I still think Quicksilver is a good bet for you as well.

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 18 of 32
burnednotice
Established Member

I pulled the trigger on the Amex BCP. Instantly approved for a temp limit of $500, and the full credit limit when I receive the card will be ..... $10,000 !!!!!

I was so stunned that I kept reading it again and again to make sure my vision was not blurred.

Apped for the Barclay Arrival and instantly approved for $1300!!

Now debating if I should follow through with the rest of the spree, or let these report first. My concern would be applying now and getting lower starting limits than I could have after the Amex 10k reports!!
Especially since I've read CapitalOne is stingy on CLI and Chase is a HP each time!

Starting Score: (USAA FAKO scores)
ex:579 eq:585 tu:603

Current Score: (7/2012) ex: 585 eq:663 tu:603
(8/2012) ex: 657 eq: 673 tu: 671

Goal Score: 850+

Message 19 of 32
blk8
Regular Contributor

I would app for the Discover IT and call it a day.... 3 solid cards you have. Dont waste your time with cap 1.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.