Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"In The Navy"--NFCU

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

"In The Navy"--NFCU

Took advantage of them loosening the membership rules by allowing vets in and joined the other evening. Was going to wait until January to app for a card, but decided to do it now and let the INQ age a little by then. Cash Rewards...the fair--SL $5K (same SL B of A gave me on my Cash Rew. and 1 yr 3 mos later it's now at $20K)...the great--got Visa Sig. version AND THE LOWEST RATE allowed for this card, currently 10.65%--something I've only ever had once before with my Citi DP. Some stats: EQ=682 Fico 8--0 INQs in the last year--UTL 3% across all cards. In the 'garden" until January when I try for CLI's on B of A Cash and BBVA AMEX. MIGHT try for a 2nd NFCU card next Summer.

UPDATE: Turns out for the CC they pulled TU--I thought almost 100% they would pull EQ. TU stats before app: 701 Fico 8 (my best of the 3)--INQs=4 in the last year (worst of the 3--all from CLIs not new CCs) UTL=2%

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Re: "In The Navy"--NFCU

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Took advantage of them loosening the membership rules by allowing vets in and joined the other evening. Was going to wait until January to app for a card, but decided to do it now and let the INQ age a little by then. Cash Rewards...the fair--SL $5K (same SL B of A gave me on my Cash Rew. and 1 yr 3 mos later it's now at $20K)...the great--got Visa Sig. version AND THE LOWEST RATE allowed for this card, currently 10.65%--something I've only ever had once before with my Citi DP. Some stats: EQ=682 Fico 8--0 INQs in the last year--UTL 3% across all cards. In the 'garden" until January when I try for CLI's on B of A Cash and BBVA AMEX. MIGHT try for a 2nd NFCU card next Summer.

Congrats!!,, not so much on the Village people quote tho Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on joining Navy and for your new card! I think you will enjoy both the credit union and the card!!! 

Message 3 of 26
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  Decent SL.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh another satisfied NFCU customer that's "in the Navy". Love it!

Message 5 of 26
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

I too finish a pending application from 2006 and joined.  Opened checking/savings, applied for NFCU Cash and approved for $6.5k, two days later applied for CLOC and approved for $15k.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!

I too finish a pending application from 2006 and joined.  Opened checking/savings, applied for NFCU Cash and approved for $6.5k, two days later applied for CLOC and approved for $15k.

c00mtg that is awesome. Congratulations 

Message 8 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats, but veteran or not you can't take my Village People thread title!  LOL

I joined Navy League to join through the back door but never got around to actually jumping through the hoops to make it happen, and was delighted when I found out they began accepting veterans earlier this year!  Welcome to the club, thanks for your service and nice job on securing the lowest APR.

Message 9 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone that replied Smiley Happy Looking forward to the NFCU relationship! Sorry about that K--goes to show that great minds really do think alike-Smiley Very Happy

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.