cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small auto CLI from Discover. Any options for bigger increase?

tag
snoopycr

small auto CLI from Discover. Any options for bigger increase?

I got my Discover IT card in 11/13 with a $1000 CL. I just got an auto CLI from them for another $250.

Kinda dissapointed it wasn't more. Are there any options to get a bigger CL from them? I really don't want a hard pull with discover 

Thanks

Discover Fico 737 | Experian Plus 734
Total CL from 8 cards: $43,400
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: small auto CLI from Discover. Any options for bigger increase?

@snoopycr wrote:

I got my Discover IT card in 11/13 with a $1000 CL. I just got an auto CLI from them for another $250.

Kinda dissapointed it wasn't more. Are there any options to get a bigger CL from them? I really don't want a hard pull with discover 

Thanks

You can request sp cli every 90 days with discover... They will come back and tell you yes or no or if they need to hp if you want to go further because nothing available with sp.

but only having the account 4 months your doing better then many!! Discoveries ultra conservative and my partner and I have never seen any auto cli in over a year of having the card or been able to get sp cli's!

Message 2 of 9
snoopycr

Ok. Then I'm happy. I only use it for the 5% cashback categories. so the CL is not a big deal. So far its only restaurants, and always disappointing when the waitress says they don't accept discover.

Thanks for the feedback!

Discover Fico 737 | Experian Plus 734
Total CL from 8 cards: $43,400
Message 3 of 9
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Like Creditaddict said, Discover can be ultra conservative at times. I received an auto-increase of $500 around Christmas (1 year)  and a SP increase of $800 last weekend. Discover may be stingy at times, but they are a great company to work with. You treat them right, they will treat you right. Great customer service. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 4 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Only option is HP if wont wait for sp increases.

Message 5 of 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@snoopycr wrote:

Thanks

congrats on your auto-luv Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Only option is HP if wont wait for sp increases.

+1

Message 7 of 9
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I have a 3k limit and still no cli. I have high utility right now I'm thinking that's why. Well see if anything happens at a year I may do a hp then.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! My first CLI was auto $250. Around a year and one-half they gave me a SP CLI of $2250. At about three years they gave me a SP CLI of $1500. The CL is slowly growing without HPs.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.