Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sportman's guide approval 8k

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I totally agree with Comenity making SP cards too easy (tempting). While looking thru my EQ report yesterday I noticed a PRM softpull for Mypoints and boredom led to curiosity, which led to a popup, etc...

So I now have a 3rd Comenity Visa at $3.5k coming lol.
Message 41 of 62
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I totally agree with Comenity making SP cards too easy (tempting). While looking thru my EQ report yesterday I noticed a PRM softpull for Mypoints and boredom led to curiosity, which led to a popup, etc...

So I now have a 3rd Comenity Visa at $3.5k coming lol.

Sweet! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 62
surgemorales
Established Member

Congrats to everyone who have been fortunate.

I think with a mid-700 score i should be getting the popup but no love. I've matched the name and address and all on my credit report on to my,sportmans guide profile and even with guest check out and again no love..............
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 43 of 62
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

At this moment, I like comenity a lot.

After the sp approval from sportman's guide, I get another sp approval from mypoints visa with 3000cl, it offers 0% for 6 months and lower apr if compared to sportman.

How's their (comenity) cli in the near future? Generous? Sp or hp?

After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 44 of 62
lissa1184
Established Member

Congrats on the $8K limit!

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 45 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Their CLI are hit or miss. J. Crew was giving them to me every month but Sportsmans Guide an Express were 9 months from approval to the day. Its looking like Mypoints is 9 months as well (I tried to recon the $3.5k approval but no dice).
Message 46 of 62
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

I called to recon mypoints visa too, lol. But, the guy told me 6 months?
After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 47 of 62
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
At this moment, I like comenity a lot.

After the sp approval from sportman's guide, I get another sp approval from mypoints visa with 3000cl, it offers 0% for 6 months and lower apr if compared to sportman.

How's their (comenity) cli in the near future? Generous? Sp or hp?

This MyPoints one is like a unicorn. Where would I find this? lol I've been looking but I think I've been looking in the wrong place...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 48 of 62
brcamacho
Regular Contributor

Same here.

TU-688 5/14 (WM TU) | EX-692 on 2/14 (FNBO EX) | EQ-666 on 01/13

NFCU GoRewards $25k | NavChek $15k | Chase Slate 7.5k
Barclays Rewards $3.4k | FNBO MC $2.3K | Cap1 Plat $1.9k
Cap1 Quicksilver $1.7k | Wmt Discover $4.5k | Amazon Store Card $3k Care Credit $3.5k | Kohls $300 | Victoria's Secret $500
Cap1 Quicksilver $2k | Barclays Apple Visa $600

Message 49 of 62
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You sign up at mypoints website and enter all of your info into your profile - exactly how it appears on your CR. They softed my EQ after I had the account a few weeks. For now you can only get the Visa through preapproval and you cant app for it.
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.