Reply
Established Member
surgemorales
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎10-14-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
SunriseEarth
Posts: 4,847
Registered: ‎08-12-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


surgemorales wrote:
Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

 

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?


Start: 619 (Wally, 9/2013) | Current: 669 (Wally, 12/8/14), 703 (EQ myFICO 8/13/14)
Care Credit $10200 | JCP $5000 | Walmart Store $5000 | Amazon Store $5000 | AMEX BCE $4500 | Overstock $4300 | Cap 1 QS1 $4000 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's Special Events $2900 | Macy's Revolving $2500 | CU Visa $2500 | Sony Card $2500 | Macy's AMEX $1500 | Citi DC WMC $1200 | Merrick $1200 | VS $1150 | Gold Violin $1150 | Target $1000 | ~~Gardening Since 12/23/14
Valued Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,063
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


SunriseEarth wrote:

surgemorales wrote:
Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

 

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?


This tip took me forever to figure out. - Remeber to put the membership in your cart. (You dont have to buy it or anything at all but put it in there)


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable
Posts: 1,867
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Someone sounds desperate...lol.

 

Honestly tho, I think it may just take time. Mine didn't come up for months after I started trying.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Established Member
lissa1184
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎04-14-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I finally received the pop up. I had to go back in and add my middle initial to my profile. As soon as I did this the pre-approval showed up. I called and my limit is $2k. Not bad for a soft pull.


Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,630
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Not bad at all. The info has to match your exp cr exactly because they do not have the ssn.

Glad it worked out for you.
Established Member
K9Veteran
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-03-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

 

THANKS

Regular Contributor
brikays
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


K9Veteran wrote:

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

 

THANKS


There are a few threads regarding the shopping cart trick and here is a link to one of them

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shopping-cart-trick/m-p/2251111/highlight/true#M630784

 

Good luck!

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~
  
Member
spruceGREY
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎06-05-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

No matter what I do I just can't get that pop up. I've tried time and time again. So sad. :smileysad:

Member
spruceGREY
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎06-05-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I went to this website: http://www.controlyourcredit.net/preapproval.html and it said that Sportsman's soft pulls Transunion. So I cleared my cookies and went back and tried it again, this time using my name and address EXACTLY as it appears on the TU report (which means the # is missing from the house number) and I got the pop up. I took it and it says I'm approved for the card!

 

One problem, no where could I see how much I was approved for. Where did you all find out that information? Should I call in??

 

 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}