cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sportman's guide approval 8k

Established Member

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

So you signed up and got a profile ? I typed my address exactly like it is on my credit report and with my middle initial and all. My current score is in mis 700's but no love yet.

Any other advice ?
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 31 of 62
Valued Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


surgemorales wrote:
So you signed up and got a profile ? I typed my address exactly like it is on my credit report and with my middle initial and all. My current score is in mis 700's but no love yet.

Any other advice ?

It softs EQ so make sure it matches that...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 32 of 62
Valued Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


shmacckk wrote:

Do you have to actually complete a transaction once you get the approval?

 

Im wondering after I accepted it and it went to checkout with the temporary limit to use, I closed out the browser and maybe it canceled it all out.


You don't have to complete the order, you will find most if not all people

cancel their orders after getting approved, they should be mailing you a card if you accepted


Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 33 of 62
Valued Member

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

As I mentioned eariler, I was approved on Saturday.  Called and check my CL...5K!!  Largest CL by a longshot! 



Starting Score: 595
Current Score: EX 690 TU 682 EQ 661 Walmart Fico 684
Goal Score: 700 across the board


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 62
Valued Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

So many approvals.  Congratulations everyone!

Oh the temptation.



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 62
Established Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I was just approved for 5k. Decent limit to start with I suppose!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 36 of 62
Established Member

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Congrats !!!!

 

tattooedhusker : Quick questions ... Did you login and create a profile or did you do a guest checkout ? What browser ? How many items on your cart ? What was your order total ? At what point did you get the offer ?

 

Thanks

I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 37 of 62
Established Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


surgemorales wrote:

Congrats !!!!

 

tattooedhusker : Quick questions ... Did you login and create a profile or did you do a guest checkout ? What browser ? How many items on your cart ? What was your order total ? At what point did you get the offer ?

 

Thanks


All you need to do is check out as a guest and include their membership in your basket.  The browser doesn't matter, or items in the cart, or total of order.  Usually as soon as you enter your address and click continue, the pop up appears.  Granted your scores need to be most likely over 700. 

 

These are nice starting out limits you guys are posting.  Although, their interest rate is high, it's good for people who need a major credit card I suppose.  I got the pop up, but declined as this would of been my 4th major credit card with Comenity, as I have the Total rewards visa, MyPoints Visa, and just recently their True Value Discover.

 

Unfortuately, the Discover was a HP on EX and actually the Total Rewards Visa ending up being a HP on EQ -- which I thought was a SP.  MyPoints ended up a SP. 

IMO, I think Comenity really makes it too easy to get more cards with their SP popups.  As tempting as a new card is.....No more cards for me.....I think I now have too many!!  I'll be in the garden......ciao



(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 38 of 62
Established Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


fedxboy wrote:

surgemorales wrote:

Congrats !!!!

 

tattooedhusker : Quick questions ... Did you login and create a profile or did you do a guest checkout ? What browser ? How many items on your cart ? What was your order total ? At what point did you get the offer ?

 

Thanks


All you need to do is check out as a guest and include their membership in your basket.  The browser doesn't matter, or items in the cart, or total of order.  Usually as soon as you enter your address and click continue, the pop up appears.  Granted your scores need to be most likely over 700. 

 

These are nice starting out limits you guys are posting.  Although, their interest rate is high, it's good for people who need a major credit card I suppose.  I got the pop up, but declined as this would of been my 4th major credit card with Comenity, as I have the Total rewards visa, MyPoints Visa, and just recently their True Value Discover.

 

Unfortuately, the Discover was a HP on EX and actually the Total Rewards Visa ending up being a HP on EQ -- which I thought was a SP.  MyPoints ended up a SP. 

IMO, I think Comenity really makes it too easy to get more cards with their SP popups.  As tempting as a new card is.....No more cards for me.....I think I now have too many!!  I'll be in the garden......ciao


surgemorales, this pretty much covers it!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 39 of 62
Valued Contributor

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


surgemorales wrote:

Congrats !!!!

 

tattooedhusker : Quick questions ... Did you login and create a profile or did you do a guest checkout ? What browser ? How many items on your cart ? What was your order total ? At what point did you get the offer ?

 

Thanks


I personally created a profile first but honestly it should work either way.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 40 of 62