Reply
Established Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎10-14-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Moderator
Posts: 5,387
Registered: ‎08-12-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


surgemorales wrote:
Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

 

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?


Start: 619 (Wally, 9/2013) | Current: 669 (Wally, 2/4/15), 756 (Merrick, 2/16/15)
AMEX BCE $13500 | Care Credit $10200 | JCP $8000 | Walmart Store $5000 | Amazon Store $5000 | Overstock $4900 | Cap 1 QS $4750 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's Special Events $2900 | Macy's Revolving $2500 | CU Visa $2500 | Sony Card $2500 | Macy's AMEX $1500 | VS $1450 | Gold Violin $1450 | Citi DC WMC $1200 | Merrick $1200 | Target $1000 | ~~Gardening Since 12/23/14
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,063
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


SunriseEarth wrote:

surgemorales wrote:
Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

 

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?


This tip took me forever to figure out. - Remeber to put the membership in your cart. (You dont have to buy it or anything at all but put it in there)


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,896
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Someone sounds desperate...lol.

 

Honestly tho, I think it may just take time. Mine didn't come up for months after I started trying.

Scores 1/12/2014: TU FICO: 660 | EQ FICO: 665 | EX AMEX FICO: TBD

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1600 | Target: $700 | J.Crew $9550
Established Member
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎04-14-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I finally received the pop up. I had to go back in and add my middle initial to my profile. As soon as I did this the pre-approval showed up. I called and my limit is $2k. Not bad for a soft pull.


Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Moderator
Posts: 27,203
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Not bad at all. The info has to match your exp cr exactly because they do not have the ssn.

Glad it worked out for you.
Established Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-03-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

 

THANKS

Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k


K9Veteran wrote:

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

 

THANKS


There are a few threads regarding the shopping cart trick and here is a link to one of them

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shopping-cart-trick/m-p/2251111/highlight/true#M630784

 

Good luck!

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~
  
Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎06-05-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

No matter what I do I just can't get that pop up. I've tried time and time again. So sad. :smileysad:

Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎06-05-2012
0

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

I went to this website: http://www.controlyourcredit.net/preapproval.html and it said that Sportsman's soft pulls Transunion. So I cleared my cookies and went back and tried it again, this time using my name and address EXACTLY as it appears on the TU report (which means the # is missing from the house number) and I got the pop up. I took it and it says I'm approved for the card!

 

One problem, no where could I see how much I was approved for. Where did you all find out that information? Should I call in??

 

 

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.