Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sportman's guide approval 8k

tag
surgemorales
Established Member

Re: sportman's guide approval 8k

Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 51 of 62
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@surgemorales wrote:
Im using sportsmansguide.com is that the correct website ? Reason i ask is because when you checkout i don't see the sportsmansguide card on the selection except Visa which i believe they also offer ....

On the other hand anyone has any ideas on how to get the pre-approval i confirmed that im entering the info on checkout as it is listed in my credit report via experian. And my score is around mid 700's.

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 52 of 62
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@surgemorales wrote:

Any ideas????

We might be able to help with a little info...

(1)  How recently have you opened all of the TLs in your signature?

(2) How long ago did you check your score and where did you get your score?

(3) What's your credit profile like?

This tip took me forever to figure out. - Remeber to put the membership in your cart. (You dont have to buy it or anything at all but put it in there)

Message 53 of 62
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Someone sounds desperate...lol.

Honestly tho, I think it may just take time. Mine didn't come up for months after I started trying.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 54 of 62
lissa1184
Established Member

I finally received the pop up. I had to go back in and add my middle initial to my profile. As soon as I did this the pre-approval showed up. I called and my limit is $2k. Not bad for a soft pull.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 55 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not bad at all. The info has to match your exp cr exactly because they do not have the ssn.

Glad it worked out for you.
Message 56 of 62
K9Veteran
Established Member

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

THANKS

Message 57 of 62
brikays
Regular Contributor

@K9Veteran wrote:

Can someone please explain what the shopping card trick is ?  I did a forum search for this and could not find an explanation of what it is.

THANKS

There are a few threads regarding the shopping cart trick and here is a link to one of them

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shopping-cart-trick/m-p/2251111/highlight/true#M630784

Good luck!

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 58 of 62
spruceGREY

No matter what I do I just can't get that pop up. I've tried time and time again. So sad. Smiley Sad

Message 59 of 62
spruceGREY

I went to this website: http://www.controlyourcredit.net/preapproval.html and it said that Sportsman's soft pulls Transunion. So I cleared my cookies and went back and tried it again, this time using my name and address EXACTLY as it appears on the TU report (which means the # is missing from the house number) and I got the pop up. I took it and it says I'm approved for the card!

One problem, no where could I see how much I was approved for. Where did you all find out that information? Should I call in??

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.