Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchrony bank 4 approvals 2 denials credit spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

synchrony bank 4 approvals 2 denials credit spree

I recently applied for a gap, old navy, tj max and toys r us card all in person was instantly approved. However Amazon and Walmart both online apps were denied. Would applying at Wal-Mart in person make a distance?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: synchrony bank 4 approvals 2 denials credit spree

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 2 of 29
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

As a former accounting associate AND customer service manager with Wal-Mart most applicants were approved in store when they attempted to purchase electronic items.

From personal experience, I app in store because it seems to be an easier approval.

With Old Navy, Best Buy & JCP, the cashier needed to scan the items that I was purchasing FIRST during my application process.

With other stores the cashier only needed to TYPE in the amount of the purchase into the application process when prompted.

Message 3 of 29
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Thanks for sharing.  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 29
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently applied for a gap, old navy, tj max and toys r us card all in person was instantly approved. However Amazon and Walmart both online apps were denied. Would applying at Wal-Mart in person make a distance?

GE seems to have a system that stops approving apps after so many in a row... just wait 30-60 days and I bet you can get walmart and amazon.

I also would say in store or online does not matter with GE since all apps are computer done.

I'll further say that all my sync apps now go to verification pending if they are going to approve and I ahve to call in and such and I applied IN STORE for Banana republic and still had to go through the same process while standing at the register.... ge/sync is just so automated computer like... even the reps are just typing things into boxes on the screen and hitting submit buttons

Message 8 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am having app remorse this morning. I have opened some really good accounts over the past few months and decided to apply for the Walmart card thinking I was a good candidate for the mastercard. Instead, I got a 150 limit store card.

Credit solutions has never been helpful to me but hopefullly in 4 months I can have a respectable limit! Congrats on your approvals!

Message 9 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I am having app remorse this morning. I have opened some really good accounts over the past few months and decided to apply for the Walmart card thinking I was a good candidate for the mastercard. Instead, I got a 150 limit store card.

Credit solutions has never been helpful to me but hopefullly in 4 months I can have a respectable limit! Congrats on your approvals!

try chat once you get the card and set up online access.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.