Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchrony bank 4 approvals 2 denials credit spree

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: synchrony bank 4 approvals 2 denials credit spree

Congrats to you, and btw... I would have stopped at Gap, and not applied for Old Navy because you can use your Gap card at Old navy and Banana Republic, plus a couple on line stores. I never get another store card that I can also use at other places. For example... I won't apply for the SAMs card because my Walmart card is used there as wellSmiley Happy congrats on the approvals thoughSmiley Happy
Message 21 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I have never known synch to do HP for a cli unless its their furniture stores, or Care Credit either. I've had synch cards for years!! Even before I had the BK, never ever have gotten a HP for a cli
Message 22 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

+1
Message 23 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Dmari... This is why I screen shot everything, including my chat sessions with the agents name and what transpired. They have to tell you that they will need to pull your credit before doing it, I always ask in my sessions is this a SP, and nOT a hard pull, and they say always SP, I get it in Writing lol!!! Just in case something like this happened, I could go back and say, um no... I was told SP, so remove that inquiry ASAP!
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

I am having app remorse this morning. I have opened some really good accounts over the past few months and decided to apply for the Walmart card thinking I was a good candidate for the mastercard. Instead, I got a 150 limit store card.

Credit solutions has never been helpful to me but hopefullly in 4 months I can have a respectable limit! Congrats on your approvals!

Sorry about your HP on chat. I just wanted to tell you that I got a Walmart card on September 4th with a $150.00 limit like yours and tried all different ways to get an increase and couldn't. On December 1st I noticed my TU fico went up 18 points so I hit the Luv button again, even though I had just tried it a week or so before. I did this with Amazon too the same night (also got that card on Sept. 4th) Declined again on both of them. The next day when I came home from work and logged in my Walmart CL was $1100. A  $950 increase.

Decided to check Amazon and that went up also,  a $600 cli. from a $300 limit to a $900 limit. So in less than 3 months and certainly in less time than the 4 statement "rule" we read about they both went up. I only had two statements cut. Point is, there's hope, even when just starting at $150 like you and me, to get a decent CL. Too bad about that wasted HP though!

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 26 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

The rep said that she couldn't process and increase but if she wanted me to have her take a look at it on her side she would just use information from me like my annual income and then said hold on how much would you like And I told her what I would like and she put me back on hold and came back inside unfortunately nothing she can do in the letter in the mail with the credit bureau's reasons were some jargon like that would explain to me why. Within two minutes of ending the chair I got the TU instant alert about a creditor requesting my report which happened with other applications I made and is that synchrony is the puller. I'm like definitely seen in the garden for year I can't help myself I just for some reason I've been wantinf new ccs/ that app mode lately so I guess I have to learn the hard way again LOL
Message 27 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry for all the typos voice texting on my iphone
Message 28 of 29
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

In 2007 I was instanly approved $125 in the store. 7 yrs later I have a Walmart Mc with a $15,000 cl. Your card will grow with you. Good luck!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.