cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

um....Barclay approval? am I in the twilight zone?

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

um....Barclay approval? am I in the twilight zone?

Feeling cocky from my Chase approvals, I decided to try for Barclay Rewards for Average credit, which I've been denied for in the past, denied also for Apple Visa, anything Barclay was a big NO. Shockingly approved. For $1300. Not a huge CL, but finally approved. Not that it's a necessity to have more than one card from them, but how are they with that? Having more than one Barclay card?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: um....Barclay approval? am I in the twilight zone?

found the answer to my question http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Getting-multiple-barclays-cards/td-p/22731...

Better to lay low then and just enjoy this one for a while. But what the....how in the world did this happen?

that requred a signature update....

Message 2 of 15
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

Feeling cocky from my Chase approvals, I decided to try for Barclay Rewards for Average credit, which I've been denied for in the past, denied also for Apple Visa, anything Barclay was a big NO. Shockingly approved. For $1300. Not a huge CL, but finally approved. Not that it's a necessity to have more than one card from them, but how are they with that? Having more than one Barclay card?

Opposite for me...

Back in September I was initially denied for the Rewards average credit card but got approved for a $1200 Apple card... (that I used on the 5s... 0% financing)

Good info in the other thread... at least now I know that getting a 2nd card will be a PITA.

Message 3 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

well back then I would apply for both and get denied. This was the only Barclay I tried today. I don't really like apple products much so at this point I'm not even going to bother with that one. If I got any other from them it would Barnes & Noble. One that I'd actually use and benefit from I guess.

Message 4 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Barclays is fickle I was declined 2 yrs ago now, within 2 months of that decline they started pummeling my mailbox with pre-qual offers, I still receive 2-3 a week. I have not bitten on any of them as of yet and maybe never will.

Message 8 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays is a different animal than the big folks like Amex and Chase, that's for sure.

In August I applied for the US Airways card and was denied because I had applied for it 5 months prior (somehow it got caught up in their system - you only have to wait 30 days between apps for that product).  I called for reconsideration, but the analyst, which was sharp as a tack, denied me for too many new accounts and told me to try again later.  No hard pull until I requested reconsideration.  Then I applied again in November, denied (no hard pull again didn't bother to call for recon).  Here's the kicker, I applied for the Arrival card 1 day later, I get the 7-10 day message and 2 days after that I get an email that I was approved.  So Like you, I will be trying to fly under the radar for no less than 6 months.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 9 of 15
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

congrats good job. I just got this card as well I think its pretty underrated on here for people who are in that middle credit score zone 600-680. NO anuall fee, free fico score, its a mastercard so you can use it anywhere, and 2x points rewards on gas, supermarket, ultlites, and 1x points on everything else. Thats a great card.  

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.