cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% APR for 12-18 Months - Did you transfer your balances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% APR for 12-18 Months - Did you transfer your balances?

There are a lot of good credit cards out there offering zero percent interest for up to 15 or even 18 months.

When you are approved for one of these cards, how much have you transfered from your old cards?  Have you ever transfered ALL BALANCES to the new card?

Has your score gone up or down using this technique?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 0% APR for 12-18 Months - Did you transfer your balances?

I took advantage of this offer with my AMEX ED and transferred overs total of $2400 (1/4 of my CL). Paid off my two capital one cards so I could sock drawer them.
Message 2 of 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

That's what I did was transfer multiple cards to my discover card at the time. My score was fine not sure if it went up or down. But in reality it should help As long as the card isn't massed out. So maybe transfer 80%? Yes it still looks bad but it's not as bad as 100%
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 5
compassion101
Established Contributor

If I'm transfering a balance I'm more concerned with how much it will save me in interest or make me in investment as opposed to paying off out of pocket. Not so concerned about my score tbh since it is only a temporary hit. If you are planning to apply for additional credit soon I understand the concerns about score.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you are approved for one of these cards, how much have you transfered from your old cards?  Have you ever transfered ALL BALANCES to the new card?

Has your score gone up or down using this technique?

It really doesn't matter what others have done as their credit isn't guaranteed to be the same as yours and their balances and limits probably aren't the same either.  Regardless of 0% offers, revolving utilization is a significant risk and scoring factor.  Overall utilization will not change with a balance transfer but individual utilization will change.  Both matter.  You also need to consider how long you're going to have high utilization on the target card.  Prolonged high utilization can lead to adverse action.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.